Quantcast

Is that as steep as it looks?!

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Page 73 on the latest Dirt, there's a pic of the megavalanche start. that section of snow looks ridiculous. was it really that steep or is it just the angle?

Oct 2, 2001
Bend, Oregon
From what I have heard about that race, it really is that steep. Everyone starts off trying to ride down the mountain but most end up falling and sliding most of the way down sans bike.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
b-man said:
Scanner? Not everyone can get Dirt...I sure wish I could.
I do, but I don't know much about computers...

crazy thing about dirt is that I never found it in Seattle but I see it all the time on the dry side of washington where hardly anybody rides dh. barnes and noble BTW is where i found it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't know if it's "as steep as it looks" but I do know that it doesn't look as steep as what we rode in flagstaff last weekend :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
narlus said:
nobody's more gnar-core than jm. at least on these boards.
im not european, evidently if you are, you are more core/better than anything/anyone else

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jm_ said:
im not european, evidently if you are, you are more core/better than anything/anyone else
That's right. More french climbers with extreme flop mullets, more germans hiking every inch of our national parks, more english dudes umm eating bland food......and liking it, more spanish dudes smackin down bulls.....

Don't get offended man.....it will come......just smoke more cigarettes....one pack at a time, one body suit at a time, one wierd kite/paragliding sport at a time..............

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
its not as steep as it looks , i'd never ridden the course before the race , from the lift station it looked very very scary, but once you got on it , it wasn't that steep at all , and if you didn't wanna ride it you could always slide down on your arse.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
360 said:
its not as steep as it looks , i'd never ridden the course before the race , from the lift station it looked very very scary, but once you got on it , it wasn't that steep at all , and if you didn't wanna ride it you could always slide down on your arse.
oh, cuz in the pic it looks like something out of downhill domination (other than the fact that there's people sliding around all over the place)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
freeridekid said:
Page 73 on the latest Dirt, there's a pic of the megavalanche start. that section of snow looks ridiculous. was it really that steep or is it just the angle?
as someone who raced it I'd say it was pretty steep in places, not too mental, but if you stayed off the brakes you'd be hitting SILLY speeds. Most people ride it dragging both brakes and using one foot as an outrigger.