Quantcast

Is Lance finally busted?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Report: Armstrong confesses to doping during Winfrey interview

Lance Armstrong has reportedly confessed to using performance-enhancing drugs throughout his career during his interview with Oprah Winfrey, according to AP.

Winfrey tweeted soon after the interview that the recording took "More than 2 1/2 hours . He came READY!"

As per earlier leaks regarding the interview, the source remains anonymous.

The 90-minute program is scheduled to air on Thursday evening, US-time on the 'Oprah's Next Chapter' program on her eponymous US cable television network.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If you go back into this thread you will see that I was a LA supporter...now I just find him pitiful and worthless. I found his story compelling, father-less kid rises above and defeats those who say he cant do it, almost dies, goes on to slay dragons and help others, etc etc...

Now I just want him to go away. Although I would nt mind hearing his ex wifes side of things now...wonder ho wmuch she was paid to stay quiet?

Jan 15, 2013
I also want TREK to suffer, a real shame what they did to LeMond. He needs to come completely clean, with hard facts about Trek's, Nike, UCI's involvement. Plus an apology to those careers he ended. (Frankie)

If he does not do this, it is not a confession but more grab for spotlight.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And I still want a shirt. Does SuspectDevice even still log on anymore? Spooky's new website doesn't seem up to snuff yet.
Make friends with Mickey/spooky on fb. Apparently they just started selling shirts through etsy last week, but I don't think this is one of them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am the only one that really just doesn't care about this anymore?
So he did and he lied. Big ****ing deal.
I don't really care about the doping but the blackmail, bullying and other mafioso like actions may me want to see him pay.
Don't forget felony perjury.
Don't forget the newspaper he sued for libel/defamation for accusing him of doping. Which he won to the tune of over a million dollars.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
He could have admitted to "something," but to what extent is he going to admit to? All of this could just be pre-show hype. Because leaking this out 2 days before the airing seems like a perfect idea. No matter what, I'm hooked!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He could have admitted to "something," but to what extent is he going to admit to? All of this could just be pre-show hype. Because leaking this out 2 days before the airing seems like a perfect idea. No matter what, I'm hooked!
The truth has been out there for a while. Him admitting to it is just joining everyone else back in reality.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
This may be a naive question, but I'm still confused as to why he would "confess" now. I don't see how it gains him anything, and very well may put him at serious risk in the whistleblower law suit (which the Feds just joined). Surely it's more than him just wanting to (eventually) compete low profile mountain bike races. Seems like he would just be better served to never formally admit to anything and tweet pics of his yellow jerseys every so often (to satisfy his attention whore ego).

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Would we accept something along the lines of... "I doped for the first tour win but not the last 6?"

Or, " I remember someone poking me in my butt cheek one time on our team bus, but at the time I thought it was Johan trying to pin a race number onto one of my teammates, it was crowded on the bus that day."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This may be a naive question, but I'm still confused as to why he would "confess" now. I don't see how it gains him anything, and very well may put him at serious risk in the whistleblower law suit (which the Feds just joined). Surely it's more than him just wanting to (eventually) compete low profile mountain bike races. Seems like he would just be better served to never formally admit to anything and tweet pics of his yellow jerseys every so often (to satisfy his attention whore ego).
He's got a lifetime ban from racing anything uci sanctioned - which includes usac and the US triathlon governing body (forget the name). He wants to race triathlons. And they tend to be more lenient when you confess and detail how you doped. So he's confessing in the hopes that the lifetime ban well be changed.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
This is what I keep saying again, again, and again. Dude is an attention whore. Every single f'n time he falls out of the spotlight and the public gets bored of him, BAM, he comes up with a new way to put his name in the headlines. He needs to just go away.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Awesome.
He no longer can face perjury charges.
In 2005, Armstrong testified under oath that he never used performance-enhancing drugs. The statute of limitations on that testimony ran out after seven years, meaning Armstrong cannot be tried for perjury.