Quantcast

Is a sucking sound bad?

IronDonkey

Chimp
Jun 26, 2004
Seattle, WA
My NEW romic shock is making a sucking/hissing type sound. I can't tell if it's happening on the compression or the rebound stroke. It wont do it just riding around in the parking lot, I have to be going fast on technical, rocky terrain. I've tried adjusting the preload, compression and rebound but nothing seems to help. I'm running a 700lb spring and it's set up in the 6" travel setting. I'm also a pretty big dude at 6' 2" 215lbs. Is there something wrong with it, or is this just one of those annoying sounds that an "active" shock like a romic is going to make?

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
dv8cam said:
Sucking sound is only bad when your girl does NOT spend the night but your dog has curled up with you under the blanket.

:oink:
True story...

I once had this little Siamese kitten. It was too scared to sleep alone, so I kept him in my bed. Woke up in the middle of the night in a lot of pain. Heard this loud sucking sound, looked under the sheets, and the little bastard had his fury lips welded to my right nipple :(

Frig'n licked/sucked my nipple raw. Had to cover it with Vaseline, band aid and a T-shirt for the next couple of weeks. Oh yeah, and made sure to wear underwear :dead:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Mine has made noise since day one (had it for 2 years now) I still don't like the shock. Maybe its not set up right. I only rode that bike about 10 times over the winter and am too lazy to send it in.

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Slacker said:
True story...

I once had this little Siamese kitten. It was too scared to sleep alone, so I kept him in my bed. Woke up in the middle of the night in a lot of pain. Heard this loud sucking sound, looked under the sheets, and the little bastard had his fury lips welded to my right nipple :(

Frig'n licked/sucked my nipple raw. Had to cover it with Vaseline, band aid and a T-shirt for the next couple of weeks. Oh yeah, and made sure to wear underwear :dead:

hahaha that's really funny...in a wrong sort of way :nope: :dead:

IronDonkey

Chimp
Jun 26, 2004
Seattle, WA
Ok, thanks for the feedback guys. I'm less concerned now. I was told the romic would ride a lot different than my 5th, but I didnt realize how much difference there would actually be. Night and Day. I definately like the plush feel of the 5th better. It could be that my romic just isnt adjusted right. I'll do some tweeking and see what happens.