Quantcast

Ironhorse has gone out of business

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

This started out as a very respectable conversation about mountain bikes, and its gotten very silly. Very silly indeed. All this talking about steaks and forks. Very silly.

On my cue, we will cut back to a very sensible conversation about bicycles, Iron Horse, and no more sillyness.

DIRECTOR........cut.

I bet very few people get this.
Edit: Darn, someone beat me to it.

:spam::spam::spam::spam:

:spam::spam::spam::spam:

SPAM!!!

Last edited:

JKS

Chimp
Feb 26, 2008
You know Iron Horse spent a mint to have exclusive rights to the DW link for the first x years. Now that DW can be found on most new bikes who really wants an iron horse these days? When you can have a turner DHR, an Evil Revolt, or an Ibis, if your into xc or trail bikes, etc..not to mention the controversial Glory, is it a DW or not? Is it? I think so. . Iron Horse no longer has anything to offer, not even a DH poster boy. :popcorn:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

awwwwwww

75% of this post is as relevant as 75% of this thread, 75% of the time.

edit: I feel like I'm the guy returning the drill, the "steak gang" is the guy eating the sandwich, and everyone else is the fish on the wall.

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
True, even bacon can't fix a Manitou :busted:

-ska todd
whatever dude, bacon can fix everything. I think we need a photo montage.

This burger was fixed, thanks to bacon. It looks like a giant disgusting mess - until you add bacon. Then, its a meal!

Bacon waffles. If that doesn't make you happy, you're missing the happy gene.

Ordinarily, a stick of string cheese. Now, thanks to bacon, something new, novel, exciting. Its enjoying its 15 minutes of fame. Plus, it looks delicious.

This is what separates companies like manitou from greatness. While its a great product, it lacks bacon.

It even cures loneliness! How can you argue with chicken fried bacon, especially if you're a lonely bowl of gravy with nothing to compliment. Suddenly, you've found your soulmate.

I guess the moral of the story here, is that Ironhorse wasn't including enough bacon in their products. And they were selling them for the price of steak.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
This gave me an idea. The whole skinsuit ban debate still bursts out every now and then on rm. There is a simple solution to that. Let's make dh outfits from beacon. It is widely known that every logo looks good on bacon and it can be made aerodynamic. Also Mx riders don't use bacon, it also doesn't work in gay bars so we've crossed that out.
The added benefit is that if you feel low on energy you can eat parts of your baconsuit, as long as it's not covered by sponsor logos, to regain strength. This idea has virtualy no flaws. Bacon would make downhill look both cool and orginal.
So what do you think RM. Should we write a petition to the UCI?

Here's a proto

There is even a girls version

Last edited:

CoyoteRun

Chimp
May 29, 2008
SF, CA
This gave me an idea. The whole skinsuit ban debate still bursts out every now and then on rm. There is a simple solution to that. Let's make dh outfits from beacon. It is widely known that every logo looks good on bacon and it can be made aerodynamic. Also Mx riders don't use bacon, it also doesn't work in gay bars so we've crossed that out.
The added benefit is that if you feel low on energy you can eat parts of your baconsuit, as long as it's not covered by sponsor logos, to regain strength. This idea has virtualy no flaws. Bacon would make downhill look both cool and orginal.
So what do you think RM. Should we write a petition to the UCI?

Here's a proto

There is even a girls version

Boy, if she has cold beer in her hand, she would be a pretty woman.