Quantcast

Intense M9 carbon!!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
who cares? in 3 years everything is going to be carbon, its no longer sensational. If your current bike is not carbon, or something your eyeing is not carbon, wait two years, and it will be.

SCARY

Not long enough
who cares? in 3 years everything is going to be carbon, its no longer sensational. If your current bike is not carbon, or something your eyeing is not carbon, wait two years, and it will be.
How DARE you sir!
Carbon will always bee sensational!
3 years at your age is not 3 years at mine.
Carbon like bacon,is indescribably awesome for no good reason....And,they have most of the same letters!

Carbacon
Bacarbon
Carbonacon

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
FWIW during this past Sea Otter a former WC champion mentioned that a Carbon M9 is still a ways out. This is a little surprising since Jeff mentioned during Eurobike 2011 that five carbon models will be introduced in 2012. To my knowledge Intense's current carbon offerings are: Carbine, Carbine SL and the Hard Eddy.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
How DARE you sir!
Carbon will always bee sensational!
3 years at your age is not 3 years at mine.
Carbon like bacon,is indescribably awesome for no good reason....And,they have most of the same letters!

Carbacon
Bacarbon
Carbonacon
This is pretty awesome. And of course, according to some people, carbon bikes crumble like crispy bacon if you even LOOK at a rock while riding one. :thumb:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
This is pretty awesome. And of course, according to some people, carbon bikes crumble like crispy bacon if you even LOOK at a rock while riding one. :thumb:
really? I thought only back ally meth heads and 13 year old pinkbikers thought that these days.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
really? I thought only back ally meth heads and 13 year old pinkbikers thought that these days.
Nope. Still lots of people and that's not only hipsters who somehow believe that the strongest technology was invented 30 years ago.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
FWIW during this past Sea Otter a former WC champion mentioned that a Carbon M9 is still a ways out. This is a little surprising since Jeff mentioned during Eurobike 2011 that five carbon models will be introduced in 2012. To my knowledge Intense's current carbon offerings are: Carbine, Carbine SL and the Hard Eddy.
its still early 2012. plenty of time to go.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Nope. Still lots of people and that's not only hipsters who somehow believe that the strongest technology was invented 30 years ago.
as a certified expert on hipsters, I can decisively say that they all think steel has been around longer then 30 years. Remember they're into retro sh1t. If they could they'd be on bikes from 1100AD.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Carbon is awesome, but it is not going to turn back the clock and unwrinkle your balls. Or make all your prior injuries go away. Go do some intervals instead if you can make your Evil Knievel joints hold up. ;)
These which bike threads you keep posting are really getting in the way of the very important $hit on here like tweaking aluminum nipples, and watching the Mexican people's champion Lopez do street hucks with his good friend Xerses of Persia.

(Ha, my old ass is sitting here with my broken hand healing, so I am in the same boat.)

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Carbon is awesome, but it is not going to turn back the clock and unwrinkle your balls. Or make all your prior injuries go away. Go do some intervals instead if you can make your Evil Knievel joints hold up. ;)
These which bike threads you keep posting are really getting in the way of the very important $hit on here like tweaking aluminum nipples, and watching the Mexican people's champion Lopez do street hucks with his good friend Xerses of Persia.

(Ha, my old ass is sitting here with my broken hand healing, so I am in the same boat.)
lol at everything...especially xerxes....dying:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
Giant has been on a 3-4 year product cycle for dh for a while. Unlikely they'll pony up for a carbon version of this frame when they are probably developing its replacement.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Giant has been on a 3-4 year product cycle for dh for a while. Unlikely they'll pony up for a carbon version of this frame when they are probably developing its replacement.
I'm not sure that that is true. They made the Trance Advanced just as they were introducing the Trance-X. They brought out the Trance-X Advanced and then redesigned the TX the next year. Whatever they decide to do though I think we'll probably see Danny Hart riding on one long before we can buy it.

As for an M9 carbon, I'd sure like to have one. I don't have a lot of carbon mountain bike experience, but I have not yet met one I didn't like.