Quantcast

Intense m16 2015-16

aev

Chimp
Jun 10, 2014
It's the new intense DH proto,probably it's one of the first pics of this model on the internets, soon they will release more info, expect in carbon in 5-6 months.
P.D: this photo model was stolen, intense DH proto frame red, group X01 7sp, Boxxer WC, stan's notubes..
It's impossible to achieve this bike at the moment, so it will be easy to recognize it if someone sees

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Given they both have the same suspension design, two wheels, some brakes, fork, gearing stuff.... the Intense and Santa Cruz DH bikes are going to be very similar.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
By being able to take out the ear plugs and hold a conversation when one rolls by?
I demo'd a 951 Evo last fall. I don't know if it was clapped out or just an Intense, but holy fuckballs it was the loudest bike I've ever ridden.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I demo'd a 951 Evo last fall. I don't know if it was clapped out or just an Intense, but holy fuckballs it was the loudest bike I've ever ridden.
It is a normal problem of the larger wheel size. A 951 Evo is, compared to a 26" 951, 5% louder and the sound will travel 1.5% farther. It is an additional benefit of the larger wheels so you don't need to upgrade your bell to a 27.5 model. You go moar fasterz but because the bike is moar loudz hikers will have the same or more time to react and jump into the ditch on the side of the trail to avoid ruining you KOM.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Am I the only one that sees nothing to get excited about here? Guess I'm not 'murikan enough...
If you're not a fan of 27.5 wheels then it's probably no more drool worthy than an updated M9. I think the bike is pretty rad personally, but I'm also fine with the idea of DH bikes rolling on larger wheels.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
If you're not a fan of 27.5 wheels then it's probably no more drool worthy than an updated M9. I think the bike is pretty rad personally, but I'm also fine with the idea of DH bikes rolling on larger wheels.
27.5? Please, this is the ever-innovative Intense we're talking about here. 29er all the way!

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
intense is not so big brand at the moment, even nukeproof is bigger.. lets see if intense can get recognition back through team in wc competition.

in other way, intense might end up as FOES.( relatively bleak, un innovative company)

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
my opinion .. hardly hear about intense in Europe

meanwhile plenty of german newcomers are intriguing, such as Solid bikes not mention the price.

intense dh looks a little better than sc10, but just another boring clone anyway.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Do you have any data to support this (sale numbers, revenue, etc...)? Not hating, genuinely curious.
In my area, ive seen a mass amount of Intense bikes popping up on the trails lately compared to any other brand.

Canada has a World Cup Intense Team with a member who won National Champs at MSA on an M9. Who regulary races and qualifies for WC's and EWS Enduro.

Intense has put out 3 brand new bikes (1 award winning) in the 1.5 years.

Im not sponsored by them, but have 4 Intense bikes and have nothing but good to say about them.

I think its all about the area you are in. Trust me, over here on the East Coast of Canada, I have never seen a Nuke Proof.

Comparing Intense to FOES as a company is pretty far fetched. Look who Intense has as their brand Ambassadors

I also read alot on here about their customer service, and misaligned frames etc.

Jeff himself, Sam their Customer service rep and Rick their top Welder answer peoples personal questions all the time over on MTBR with regards to specs, set up and general issues.

Just some points to think about.