Quantcast

Intense Hadley hub

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Found a good deal on an intense branded Hadley built wheel. It's 12mm but I wonder if I can convert it to 10mm for qr use. I'd check their website.....I'll call tomorrow if I can't get a quick easy answer here.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i do believe they have a kit for your rear hub. i had a Intense/Hadley hub but sold it along with a CK/729 wheel.

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=65450

found it. That's perfect. I could run that hub without swapping axles out, it's cheaper, and it's aluminum so it won't be TOO heavy. plus, it might stiffen up the back end of the bike, which I'd rather have than QR.
That's why I went with that option, too. Got an inexpensive set of 12X 135 ADD wheels for das endurpo/trail bike, was happy to score this axle. Also have a problem solvers (or was it Action wheels?) 12 to QR conversion axle, but it looks a little iffy, not so stiffy.

EDIT: one tip, order that axle as soon as it is available. It sold out in a day last time they had some.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah, ballesack racing is definitely the best substitute for an actual website when looking at radley parts. I'd do the conversion, but it looks like it would cost a bit more than the axle, and may require special tools. The ringle axle is like $20...

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
Ya, the conversions aren't super cheap, especially if you go with the ti bolt on! As for the tools I was able to get away with just buying a 21mm wrench for $11, but you could also just grind down a cheapo 20mm cone wrench if you wanted to.

I ended up going with the conversion because the ringle axle never came into stock and I couldn't find another aluminum one.