Quantcast

I'm feeling GREAT!

151Racing

Chimp
Mar 19, 2012
Fightertown USA
Still a new guy here, but I just wanted to say I'm riding more lately and have ridden about 80 miles this week. A 23 mile ride, a 27, and a 31 mile today! ....and at 6'1" 305 lbs, this makes me feel like superman right now hahaha :D:D:D I just wanted to share my accomplishments!

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
90lbs so far here. I put around 10 back on over the winter, some good (muscle mass), some bad(lil fat), but I've been running 8-12miler's every week and the bike comes back out soon as well. Tripple digit weight loss is my goal.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
That's great. A friend of a riding friend really got into mountain biking a few years back. Went from about 300 to about 225.

Nothing takes off weight like road riding though. You'll hit 100 miles for the week soon, and then before you know it 100 in a week will be an easy off week where you're telling your friends, "I've got to stop slacking and get on the bike!"

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
May 24th Missing Kids century ride, June 2nd Diabetes Century Ride, June 22nd Ride for Roswell Cancer Institute Century Ride. Get out and wear some tires out

151Racing

Chimp
Mar 19, 2012
Fightertown USA
Thanks for the good words guys! Ive always been a big guy, I used to play football and have a lineman's build....aka not the average road cyclists body lol. I'd love to at least get down to 250lbs or even 240 would be great, hell if I ever loose more than that I'd be speechless.

Ive been riding 15-20 miles 3 times a week for the last month or two before this past week, and have decided to step it up. Finally got some good Sidi's to help too. I'm hoping to start riding 30 miles or so for a week at least (3 times a week usually). Then I'd like to add 5 or 6 miles every week or two. 100 miles a week is in reach and that has such a nice ring to it too!

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
Keep riding man! It's good to hear that I'm not the only getting into this crazily! I have been averaging 60 miles a week and slowly bumping it up. I'm getting to the point where my commute is no longer long enough and I tend to take a different way everytime just to make it longer!

151Racing

Chimp
Mar 19, 2012
Fightertown USA
Ruffles I'm at a similar point. I have a few different routes I take for rides and theyr getting slowly too short. I try winding around but I ended up tethering a few of my routes together to make for an exhaustingly good 35 miler. Which for now seems to be a good distance.

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
That's a good distance to me! There's nothing better than going on a ride that you know is going to kick your butt and finishing it, it's one of the best feelings I have ever known! I have recently mapped out two entirely different routes that are both a good 7-10 miles out of the way of my "regular" commute so now I have even more choices on those days when I just don't want to get off the saddle!

151Racing

Chimp
Mar 19, 2012
Fightertown USA
Trying "unknown" roads is also pretty fun. I'n Ohio atleast, theres quite a few hills in my area and I usually map out routes on roads I've driven down atleast once so I know how hilly they are. But when I last teathered a few of my routes together I was using some roads I'd never been on but knew they would connect my routes...eventually. Sure enough the largest hills on my route were on those unknown roads, but that ended up being a good piece of motivation because now when I go out, and tend to want to avoid those roads, I can tell myself I've done it before so theres no excuse not to do it again.

I've laid out a 38"ish" mile ride for this week looking on google earth, that goes up to my old college. Hopefully its not too hilly, because almost half the route is on back roads I've never been on haha, but should be fun non the less.

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
I love "unknown" roads as well. The last couple of days I have been doing more urban riding and taking little neighborhoods rather than main streets and getting "lost" on purpose so I have to find a way back home, it's been fun! We just had a major rain storm yesterday and I decided to go out and be the only one on a bike, needless to say I got some looks!
Google needs to have an elevation change indicator on maps/earth, that would come in handy for all those back roads you've never been on!

151Racing

Chimp
Mar 19, 2012
Fightertown USA
well i just found the elevation indicator a few days ago actually. On google earth its at the bottom center of the picture and changes its elevation to wherever you put the mouse. And yea, its definitely handy

151Racing

Chimp
Mar 19, 2012
Fightertown USA
ha yea i've used google earth for years, not always for looking up routes, but never knew about the elevation readout until recently. Theres a ton of useful stuff on that program that no one knows about and prob never will lol.

Rip - 207 miles! wow dude keep up the good work, thats some incredible riding!

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
Rip- That is crazy! One day...one day haha.

I always use Google earth, which is why I feel kinda dumb that I didn't know there was an elevation change indicator haha. You should go check my other thread in The Lounge. It's called "Where did you ride today?" Lots of cool pics and some pretty cool ride stories get posted everyday!