Quantcast

i think im joining the hope mafia... need some quick help/advice..

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Im ordering new brakes and I think I want some hopes. The mm6 look amazingly awsome but are they worth it? Will they fit my slider+ and my gemini? Im only 140ibs with a 36ibs bike so should I just go for mm4? Are they fairly easy to bleed, shim and overall get setup? Im considering the Avids also but they seem very hard to get ahold of and aren't the proven brake yet. ALso what about Xts with goodridge lines or just hayes mag?

thanks and tell me whats you think

BTW what does the mm6ti floating rotor thing mean? Does that eliminate brake jack or what?

spookymilk

Chimp
Jul 1, 2004
Salmon Arm, B.C.
I think you should try some 4-Piston XT's. Those are great brakes. They're easy to bleed, run on mineral oil (dosn't strip paint if the line bursts) and has excellent modulation and full-on power if you need it...Shimano XT's with EBC Gold pads, Goodridge lines and GRC levers is possibly the best brake setup ever. Also, JensonUSA and Beyondbikes.com have Avid Juicy's in for around 200US each...I'd reccomend those if you can afford them or find them cause I've heard nothing but good review about them because of their amazing adjustability and awesome feel. All brakes will fit on your bike providing you get the right adaptor. And the floating disc I believe dosn't do anything....only a floating brake would be able to fix that. Also, if you live in North America, Hope's aren't the best choice as they're all made in the UK so getting parts and warrenty might not be worth the extra hassle

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
spookymilk said:
Also, if you live in North America, Hope's aren't the best choice as they're all made in the UK so getting parts and warrenty might not be worth the extra hassle
That's not true. Hope USA is in Southern California, and they've been helpful with parts whenever I needed them. You don't have to ship them across the pond for service.