Quantcast

I hate Atomlab

Tashi

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
Looks like a "Mike needs to hire an assistant to provide quailty service" kinda thread to me.

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
atomic97 said:
Have Tyler e-mail me. You may not have noticed, but I am not defending myself so much as trying to tell people how to get their warrantees taken care of. The majority of people who follow our warranty instructions get very quick service. Most of the people who complain didn't follow the instructions. If Tyler did slip through the cracks for some reason, have him e-mail me. There were a lot of changes that took place after Interbike 2 years ago and those changes caused a lot of problems. I still have a few pair of pedals here from that time with no return address and I have a few others that were returned to me as undeliverable. I would be more than glad to follow up with Tyler.
Thanks, Mike. I'll have Tyler email you. You seem genuinely concerned with making everything right with your customers and that is honorable. Good luck with the business.

atomic97

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
Santa Clarita, California
Thanks to those of you who are being patient and understanding - and even to those of you who aren't. I can understand your frustration. I am trying to improve the warranty/customer service through our distributors and I am looking at bringing on a 'warranty' person to help handle things.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
FWIW...I have a set of Flatboy 2s that hit the five year mark this Memorial day and have only been rebuilt once...SAME traction pins even (and have gootten both DH and BMX abuse).

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
Ive had no atomlab parts,p but just my opinion.
Why does the 'small guy' thing matter? If i can get a better pedal, cheaper, and have better CS im gonna do it. If you only excuse when it comes to CS is that you are a small company, you need to change the way you do bussiness.

atomic97

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
Santa Clarita, California
Shmoe, I agree with you 100%. I am not using the fact that Atomlab is a small business as an excuse. I am just explaining that we've had some growing pains from "changing the way we do business". It is not easy to go from being a very small business to a larger one and I have had to overcome a number of hurdles. During this time there are a number of things that got lost in the shuffle. I apologize for this and I am in the process of trying to straighten things out - not pretend there wasn't a problem. My goal here is damage control for Atomlab's image, it is to correct some of the shortcomings in our service. The business is still growing because even though there are a number of people who weren't necessarily satisfied with our products, the vast majority have found them to be superior and a very good investment. If you read between the lines, you will see what I see - the problem is that I need to overhaul Atomlab's customer service. The product line only needs some minor changes which have already been implemented.