Quantcast

I had no reason to hate Gee before, but now I do...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
as far as having it during the Winter Olympics, that is nothing less than bizarre.

If Gee had a personality, I'd almost say he was making a funny joke, fvcking with a reporter.

But alas, no. That's just how god damn lame he is. He wants dh racing to exist as another circus trick like the reebok eliminator and all that other dumb shit that happened in the 90s.........just to get into the olympics™

Because you know......dh as a SUMMER sport........oh god no. That would just be......crazy. But just like the stretchy spandex embarassments that used to make up dh bike racing in the past, winning is more important than riding bikes to him. Bikes are just a medium through which he can redeem his failed gymnastics career. I mean jesus, have you seen the falcon video? Not even any punching.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
ah yes, the "that one guy's opinion is wrong because someone else has a different opinion" tactic. good luck with that!

the difference of course is that snowboarding is judged on style, and what got f'd by the olympics is how the runs were scored. it became figure skating in a half-pipe - spin to win, nowhere near the style as before.

i am willing to bet that most if not all the top-10 dh racers would be STOKED to race the olympics. why? not for immediate sponsorship, but for a much more durable career long after racing. "former pro downhill bike racer" will not get the motivational speaking engagements at large law offices the way "olympic silver medalist" will.

personally don't care either way. UCI is the DH world's worst enemy. can't see how being in the olympics changes that.
That guy is on something.
Maybe it would have the impact to summer Olympics™ that Snowboarding had on the Winter Olympics™?
And UCI could get off the "syringe-club-cliché®" they build over the years.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
ah yes, the "that one guy's opinion is wrong because someone else has a different opinion" tactic. good luck with that!

the difference of course is that snowboarding is judged on style, and what got f'd by the olympics is how the runs were scored. it became figure skating in a half-pipe - spin to win, nowhere near the style as before.

i am willing to bet that most if not all the top-10 dh racers would be STOKED to race the olympics. why? not for immediate sponsorship, but for a much more durable career long after racing. "former pro downhill bike racer" will not get the motivational speaking engagements at large law offices the way "olympic silver medalist" will.

personally don't care either way. UCI is the DH world's worst enemy. can't see how being in the olympics changes that.
Ehm, youre wrong.

http://whitelines.com/features/comment/terje-haakonsen-why-i-still-hate-the-olympics.html#

Seriously, fuck the ioc and fuck the olympics...

Aug 4, 2008
I am completely pissed off that I forgot about the whole sponsorship perspective.

I really cant see brands like Mondraker or Bulls being able to pay for the advertising bill, would that mean that all the pros would have to race on blacked out frames with Milka jerseys and generic helmets?

How would Olympics even benefit the sponsors, considering that they are waaaay too expensive for a small sport like ours?

Get the fuck off my lawn!

BigBoi

Monkey
Oct 31, 2011
Long Island, NY
If Gee had a personality, I'd almost say he was making a funny joke, fvcking with a reporter.

But alas, no. That's just how god damn lame he is. He wants dh racing to exist as another circus trick like the reebok eliminator
The Reebok eliminator?
Ahhhhh yes, Dan and Dave. Weren't they going to take the Olympics by storm and show the other countries how bad ass we were? I'm pretty sure both of them competed in the decathlon….one of them even finished, I think. That was such a disappointment for me as a child.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

But alas, no. That's just how god damn lame he is. He wants dh racing to exist as another circus trick like the reebok eliminator and all that other dumb **** that happened in the 90s.........just to get into the olympics™

Because you know......dh as a SUMMER sport........oh god no. That would just be......crazy. But just like the stretchy spandex embarassments that used to make up dh bike racing in the past, winning is more important than riding bikes to him. Bikes are just a medium through which he can redeem his failed gymnastics career. I mean jesus, have you seen the falcon video? Not even any punching.
long live the skinsuit!!!!