Quantcast

!@#$% Humpderp GMT %$#@!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Fall is definitely in full swing in western NY. It sucks having tall pine trees and regular trees around my driveway. The van was completely covered in pine needles and leaves this morning. Looks like it will be yard clean up this weekend.

Wifey and her family weren't too happy with the results of last nights World Series game #1. My bro-in-law & sis-in-law were there and had posted up some cool pics though.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Found a place last night in town that has all you can eat wings on Tuesdays and cheap beer during hockey games. Sweet. And the shocker, the wings are actually good.

Lets see how this Wednesday goes. I could use a nap right about now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Interview went pretty well yesterday. Fingers crossed that it pans out. Came home to find the dog had ripped into the ottoman and torn up the GF's jacket. This dog has a mean destructive streak though it mostly seems to be limited to the GF's belongings. Understandable that she wants to murder said dog.

Put my ARB bumper on the truck last night. Got a few things I need to button up this evening to make it legit, but it at least looks good.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mornin!

Interview went pretty well yesterday. Fingers crossed that it pans out. Came home to find the dog had ripped into the ottoman and torn up the GF's jacket. This dog has a mean destructive streak though it mostly seems to be limited to the GF's belongings. Understandable that she wants to murder said dog.

Put my ARB bumper on the truck last night. Got a few things I need to button up this evening to make it legit, but it at least looks good.
Pics or it didn't happen.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
'mornin. Kids slept through the night (at least I think they did!). It's not raining and I'm going biking tonight. Should be good!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just got this email at work:
URGENT Notice - All Infrastructure Canada Employees to Remain Indoors

It has been reported that a gunman is on the loose in downtown Ottawa, specifically on Parliament Hill.

Parliament Hill has been placed on lockdown and we urge that all Infrastructure Canada employees stay indoors until further notice.

Please remain calm. We will advise staff via email once there is no longer a threat.

Normally I wouldn't worry, but my son's daycare is downtown. I just called them and it makes me sad my kid is on lockdown right now...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

It has been reported that a gunman is on the loose in downtown Ottawa, specifically on Parliament Hill.

Parliament Hill has been placed on lockdown and we urge that all Infrastructure Canada employees stay indoors until further notice.

Please remain calm. We will advise staff via email once there is no longer a threat.

Normally I wouldn't worry, but my son's daycare is downtown. I just called them and it makes me sad my kid is on lockdown right now...
yikes hope everything is OK.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yikes hope everything is OK.
I've never been so worried in all my life. Living in the Capital, I've seen these types of events before. Never before have I been a parent. with a kid in a daycare so close to downtown. As far as I know suspect(s?) not apprehended....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Work today, rehearsal tonight, academic day tomorrow, rehearsal tomorrow night. Such is my life.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

My Aunt thinks Canada is at war now. She called my Dad and wants him to drive up there and come and get her. Her husband wants him to drive her to the "Looney Bin".

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's still not fucking over. There's still at least one person on the loose. I don't know what it's going to be like picking up the kids tonight. I hope to fuck this is over soon.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well maybe not clearly. But I am OK with that....

I hope everyone is OK. My Aunt is really worried about all the Muslims that work at the Nail Place. They are all from Syria and you know what that means...
They take their job super syrial and are the bomb at it?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still slightly morning Monkeys.

Got my suit yesterday and it is the wrong style. Maybe I misunderstand suit styles, but I would think one style would be the same across available colors. Seems that the suit style shown is only for black, the other colors are a different jacket style. Had this been listed somewhere at time of order, I would not have ordered the color I did. :rofl:

So now I get to send it back and hope the right one gets here before next weekend.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So I'm safely home with my wife and kids. Never have I been so happy to be home with them. Parts of downtown are still on lockdown, which leads me to believe there's still someone else out there. I live less than a mile from downtown, so I'm not very reassured.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
^ Effing islamists...

The Toronto Globe and Mail said sources had told the paper Zehaf-Bibeau (the dead shooter) was recently designated a “high-risk traveler” by the Canadian government and his passport had been seized.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went to orchestra rehearsal tonight with a new to me group. It was highly disappointing, in music selection, intonation, and quality of my section (principal dude was fine but other music major in undergrad back in the day dude was off the pace).

I resigned from said group immediately after getting home from that rehearsal. Not worth my time, which increasingly is my scarcest resource.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
^ Effing islamists...
Yeah, I don't know about that. He was also a druggie... arrested several times for possession and trafficking of pot and PCP. My personal opinion, which is based on nothing more than a few lines in the press yesterday, is that he was a deranged, unstable, insecure individual who latched on to whatever ideology/trend happened to suit his mindset at the time. This time he latched onto a narrative that was violent and dangerous.

In other words I don't believe religion really had anything to do with it. IMO, he was a unstable individual that acted on violent impulses and used religion as an excuse. I'm not sad for him, nor to I excuse his actions. I'm a little angry that the security apparatus knew about him, was 'watching' him, yet was unable to prevent this from happening. Perhaps they were too busy chasing down foreign 'threats' to pay attention to the domestic ones....

again, all this is my humble, uninformed opinion.