Quantcast

How delayed is your new frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I swear I am cursed. Again the new frame for this season is delayed without a date in sight.

Its a good thing I really like the company I am dealing with. They've gone above and beyond in keeping me happy, even going so far as the president of the company offering to let me use his personal ride for a memorial event I am attending.

The upside is the communication has been great from their end. They've been honest, which I cannot say for other companies that I've had this same issue with in the past.

So how delayed is your new frame this year? When did you order it? Any chance of seeing it before June?

Kind of a bummer when you have $2k worth of parts of sitting in your work room, but the world is an imperfect place...

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
They've gone above and beyond in keeping me happy, even going so far as the president of the company offering to let me use his personal ride for a memorial event I am attending.
I guess I am lucky in that my bike, which is supposedly sold out, arrived in three days.

If I were waiting, something like this would go a very long way with me. Sh!t happens but I can't imagine a better way to deal with it.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
This is why i try to not sell my old frame before i have the new one in my hand, it goes form most other components also. It happens all to often that it takes a month or two longer than it should.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
This is why i try to not sell my old frame before i have the new one in my hand, it goes form most other components also. It happens all to often that it takes a month or two longer than it should.
Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Needed to sell the old frame to foot the bill for the new frame. Bike is already paid for, has been for quite a bit, and now I got nada. Kind of a bummer.

But the company has been great. Not mad at them, more mad at Taiwan.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Yea that is the only problem, you have to be able to afford keeping your old bike until the new one arrives. A bit of a financial challenge but it feels o so good when you start to hear the "only two more weeks" and you can still just turn of the computer to go out and shred.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
I swear I am cursed. Again the new frame for this season is delayed without a date in sight.

Its a good thing I really like the company I am dealing with. They've gone above and beyond in keeping me happy, even going so far as the president of the company offering to let me use his personal ride for a memorial event I am attending.

The upside is the communication has been great from their end. They've been honest, which I cannot say for other companies that I've had this same issue with in the past.

So how delayed is your new frame this year? When did you order it? Any chance of seeing it before June?

Kind of a bummer when you have $2k worth of parts of sitting in your work room, but the world is an imperfect place...
White People Problems!!!!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Well I waited for my legend somewhere around extra 8-10months but that's what you get for preordering something in proto phase. I didn't sale my old bike until the last month so It didn't bother me that much.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
How about selling your DH bike based upon having it a month or so before DH season, and now sitting in DH season missing races without a frame.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Sounds exactly like where I'm at. I'm trying not to get 14 shades of butt hurt like I did when Santa Cruz screwed me a few years back. Its making it a lot easier since I've been dealing direct with the president of the company and the dude has been nothing but great. Doesn't change the fact that I don't have a bike and its getting to be warm down here, but I am taking my white people problems in stride.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
What racer303 said. Should of sold it earlier in the off season so your not missing out on much. I made the mistake last year of not having a fork by opening day. I learned from my mistake.

Having your bike not ready by opening day is a mistake people only make once.

But ya mine took a little while to get.

What company is it?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
What racer303 said. Should of sold it earlier in the off season so your not missing out on much. I made the mistake last year of not having a fork by opening day. I learned from my mistake.

Having your bike not ready by opening day is a mistake people only make once.

But ya mine took a little while to get.

What company is it?
Good point, but the frame I think he's waiting on is a new model, so it doesn't have anything to do with how early the order was placed .

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Yea, its for a new model coming out.

I'm not going to say which company because of how well they've treated me to this point. I don't want to bad mouth them for taking the time to do the right quality control that has resulted in things being delayed. It happens, I understand that, so I am not going to put them on blast.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
a buddy ordered a frame during booking in september, just got told two weeks ago not to expect it till september......talk about killing the season

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
In a lot of ways the DH industry reminds me of the crack industry. They know we have an addiction, and they know that when it comes to their particular brand of crack that they have the only way to supply us. Goddamn pusher men!

a buddy ordered a frame during booking in september, just got told two weeks ago not to expect it till september......talk about killing the season
Which company is that?

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Didn't I tell you? Damn Somali pirates!

On an positive note, it could be worse - - you could be waiting for an SB-66. Those are due now sometime in June. Take heart, you're going to be glad you were patient in the end; you will be rewarded with an amazing bike.

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Cursed with bad judgment, or cursed to repeat your own mistakes. Most people learn this lesson after going through it once. Of course, then you wouldn't get your regular dose of drama/attention today.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.