Quantcast

How bad an idea is this?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I guess there's plenty that can still go wrong with it...
Comes with a 'novel' of service history so I'd research what the common/major repairs are and see if they've already been addressed. It's not going to depreciate much more and annual repairs *might* be cheaper than payments on a newer but much lamer vehicle.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
No on the benz, that generation had hideous rust issues.
Not a bmw fan but I love me a euro wagon and would hit that.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Pop rivets?!? We are talking about his kids man! He needs a good structural rivet, either a solid or a cherrymax, not some ace hardware pop rivet bullshit.
Forget about rivets, you speed tape them to the roof.

Also, with 143HP, make sure you have some change left for a pair of booster rockets.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
What are you going for? Lots of space? any off road capabilities? good mileage?

I have a 2007 Volvo XC70 and it has tons of space, great seats, 4 wheel drive and decent mileage. Much rather drive that on a daily basis than that Mercedes especially with that little engine. Anyway car purchasing sucks. I hope to keep mine for a long time only has 50000 miles on it.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I wound up with a Mazda5... They really are great cars for hauling kids and crap around town. It's the wife's car.

I have since got a new job and negotiated a company car. Nothing fancy: Ford Escape SE AWD. But, it's 100% free, so that's 100% awesome. My bike is currently lying in the back, ready to go for a ride after work. Must get a hitch... And sell the Mazda3. It's rusty, the driver window switch is on the fritz, the A/C keeps breaking ("fixed" it 3 times now, I give up), and there's a tear in one of the tire sidewalls. Likely get $3K for it at most.

Slow day, so am trolling... Found this:

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5028477470.html