Quantcast

Hope hubs, dt swish?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've heard NO hub louder than the new Profile.

I have 3 King rear hubs (2 ISO & 1 R45 road) and both ISO are virtually silent. The R45 is so fvcking annoying I keep pedaling even when coasting just to keep it quiet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A guy did a Decibel test of a bunch of hubs and the E.13 was the highest, a few db's louder than I9. I don't think he had the new profile as one of the test hubs.
this is important stuff man. i have a burning desire to sound as much like a canadian lumberjack as possible when downhilling.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
this is important stuff man. i have a burning desire to sound as much like a canadian lumberjack as possible when downhilling.
I did a really long decent in NC last month, about 12+ mins long, one section of it I was going so fast I had maxed my gearing out and there was no way to quiet the buzz of the hub. After about 50-60 seconds of solid 35mph buzzing I was convinced that extended use of the hub at high speeds could potentially cause someone to go deaf, crazy or both.

99.9% of the time I don't mind the buzz, it makes it hard to scare hikers when I come flying around a blind turn.