Votes: 3 30.0%
  • High Roller 2s

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Looking to buy some new tires. After years of riding I've gotten very comfortable with Maxis tires, so I want to stick with them. I have gone back and forth between High Rollers and Minions and both have been pretty great. Now that the high roller 2s are out, I am curious if I should give them a go? For those of you who are familiar with the Maxis line up, what is your opinion?

Tyler Durden

Monkey
Oct 7, 2003
Paper Street
Go for DHF2 up front Highroller 2 in rear. Let me know how it works out. Im interested as well.

Im currently running Cont. Der Baron up front, and Kaiser in rear. But considering the switch.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Go for DHF2 up front Highroller 2 in rear. Let me know how it works out. Im interested as well.

Im currently running Cont. Der Baron up front, and Kaiser in rear. But considering the switch.
Didn't we just decide in the DHRII thread that the DHFII is still under wraps and only KidWOOOOO will have any until some random time in the future?

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
highrollers been my fave.. i rode the highroller II's pretty hard also.. at first i didn't like them at all, then i adjusted a little bit and they weren't so bad after all. i still think the original highroller had better edge grip. the highroller II's had better control under hard braking.

im on double DHR II now with a trimmed DHR II in front.. going up to northstar this weekend and for a couple weekdays ... i'm pretty excited to try them out. should be the best set of tires ive ran yet...monster sized lugs on the edge make me happy.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Didn't we just decide in the DHRII thread that the DHFII is still under wraps and only KidWOOOOO will have any until some random time in the future?
The inernetz is hard

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=51847&category=190

Uh....that but backwards.

As is, the DHR2 isn't any better than anything else maxxis makes (of the good tires I mean) as a front in terms of cornering. It does brake a lot better but corners worse than something like an old school high roller. You've got to cramp your fingers trimming the damn thing to get a really good cornering front tire out of it. It happens but it's annoying. Unless you're willing to do that, don't expect anything but a better BRAKING tire.

Last edited: