Quantcast

Heading to the Rock on 4/21

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Need to get out there soon, but Heither's not gonna want to ride it with a brand new bike that hasn't been tuned. You guys have fun and be safe.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Sunday is begining to look better than Saturday weather wise. Brett, you still work on Sundays? I don't want to drive all the way to WR to watch it rain!

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Yup, I work all day on Sunday, Lets wait and see if the weather will hold out for us on Saturday.

It has dropped down to 40% chance from 70% that it was the other day. Most of our showers have been happening later in the day anyways if we get any at all.

-Brett

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Yup, I work all day on Sunday, Lets wait and see if the weather will hold out for us on Saturday.

It has dropped down to 40% chance from 70% that it was the other day. Most of our showers have been happening later in the day anyways if we get any at all.

-Brett
I thought people went to college so they wouldn't have to work weekends? :weee:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
For you guys riding this weekend, if you would kick/move any branches or other crap small enough not to ruin your ride it would be much appreciated. There will be a small group of us there the Friday before the spring ride gettin it dialed. We're already gonna be pumping a lot of hours in that day so the less we have to deal with the more stoked everyone will be that Saturday and Sunday.
Thanks guys....and try to stay in one piece for the ride on Cinco De Mayo:thumb:

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
anyone who wants to bring out a shovel or a pair of hands to help dig up top would be appreciated as well.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Shuttled for 7 hours today, just awesome!sale 034.jpgsale 039.jpgsale 040.jpgsale 035.jpg

Two went up Southern rocks to cut the big tree out but had saw troubles and failed:confused: We rode everything except old windmill. With the exception of the tree on southern rocks all the other trails were in good shape. Milohead we cleared numerous small sticks and such. Brett has done several repairs to wooden bridges and ramps.The trails were a lot drier than expected. Alex stayed up high with his ho's!
Springfest here we come :weee:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Shuttled for 7 hours today, just awesome!View attachment 110827View attachment 110828View attachment 110829View attachment 110830

Two went up Southern rocks to cut the big tree out but had saw troubles and failed:confused: We rode everything except old windmill. With the exception of the tree on southern rocks all the other trails were in good shape. Milohead we cleared numerous small sticks and such. Brett has done several repairs to wooden bridges and ramps.The trails were a lot drier than expected. Alex stayed up high with his ho's!
Springfest here we come :weee:
Good sh1t man. Looking forward to getting out there.

Can anyone verify that drop out is in good shape and that the Z-cut connector off drop out back into southern rocks is good to go? I believe the downed tree is higher up on southern rocks than where z-cut intersects.
Im really trying to make the 10 hour haul wed and will help out thurs morn with last minute stuff and trail1 to drop out to zcut/southern rocks to Gt-4 is one of my favs.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Can anyone verify that drop out is in good shape and that the Z-cut connector off drop out back into southern rocks is good to go? I believe the downed tree is higher up on southern rocks than where z-cut intersects.
Im really trying to make the 10 hour haul wed and will help out thurs morn with last minute stuff and trail1 to drop out to zcut/southern rocks to Gt-4 is one of my favs.
Dop out/ trail one is clear all the way through. Don't know about the connecter as we never go that way, but the tree on SR is just below the creek crossing(and easy to go under if it's still there) so going in off startin sh!t is fine. A mild winter allowed us to ride there alot and Alex, Brett and Justin to keep the trails in good shape (thanks guys). This will not be like a first of the season, don't know what you are going to find, kind of ride, it's all good!

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
z cut hasnt been ridden/worked on in a pretty long time, well just have to take a look at it when yall get up here friday.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Sounds good. Justin, one of his friends and I are going to do some work there Saturday. I am planning on heading up the mountain to work on the top for Spring Fest. Depending on what Alex has got done last week as to if it is gonna be ready.

-Brett

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Rode Southern Rocks when I was ther with Clealan the other week. That tree is huge, but not an issue. Walked under it and kept rollin and doinkin' my way down.

Oh, and what's this about Randy "ridin' all night"??? :rofl:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Oh, and if anyone with a rogue hoe wanted to take it to the entrance to the road gap, it would be much appreciated. I was too out of sorts to hit it last time with so much time off the bike. A few chops and drags of dirt would do wonders.

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Oh, and if anyone with a rogue hoe wanted to take it to the entrance to the road gap, it would be much appreciated. I was too out of sorts to hit it last time with so much time off the bike. A few chops and drags of dirt would do wonders.
Yeah the road gap is the only thing I haven't hit = bad run in :rant:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
I'm pre-buidling the entrance to gt-4 today so that friday we can just prop it and brace it. Alex, hit me up again when you can.
What happen to it? I saw you working on it at Fallfest and went to ride it a few months later and it was destroyed.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
What happen to it? I saw you working on it at Fallfest and went to ride it a few months later and it was destroyed.
Not sure but I believe some pissed of moto guy either ripped it down or better, tried to ride it and it collapsed on him. Just a guess. Even so it needed to be rebuilt. Loo and I just tried to piece it back together for the Fallfest last year. I just got done building the new one and will be putting it up first thing next Friday morning.

Last edited:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Was that the bridge piece that was sitting by the ccreek gap? If not then I think that would work great up on the new top windmill trail.

Brett
As far as I know it is still sitting at the entrance of GT-4 and I wouldn't bother with it. It's in bad shape aside from a few boards that can be used. Along with the stuff for my project I'm bringing a lot more wood to donate to Alex (Windrock) to use where ever he see's fit. So leave the carcass where it lies it would have to be replaced again soon anyway.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
haha, yeah guys , Brett has been up there digging too. The way it seems to work out is when I cant go, he can, and when he cant go I can. Works out pretty good. And I appreciate you helping out the other day up high, that made that section fly by!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
As far as I know it is still sitting at the entrance of GT-4 and I wouldn't bother with it. It's in bad shape aside from a few boards that can be used. Along with the stuff for my project I'm bringing a lot more wood to donate to Alex (Windrock) to use where ever he see's fit. So leave the carcass where it lies it would have to be replaced again soon anyway.
Plus, I aired into GT4 without the bridge and it was still awesome. But with the lip, it's all the more epic. If there were only one thing done to GT, it would be to leaf blow the middle so you can spot the double and the lander for it. Maybe a 50 yard stretch.

It makes me think of Ewok Village and I want to cry...because Ewok Village was pure awesome.