Quantcast

Havnt posted in a very long time.. good to be back

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
rode only twice last season(downhill trip to Highland and freeride in my local town of trumbull), and it felt awful... left it on a good note though, PUSHED myself to do a 7/8' drop that i always saw and never did it. stuck it good

anyways, i need to upgrade some parts on my Izimu

i think i need a taller fork ( 5'11 171 pounds ).. i just feel like its low in the front ( 2006 boxxer ride 178mm ) i even got a good amount of spacers and big stem to raise the handlebars higher

my dt swiss fr6.1d wheels are beat to crap.. pretty wobbly and some dents. maybe replace with some single tracks?

might want to get a thinner front tire.. its a pretty wide 2.5

what do you guys think? i have been out of the loop for awhile but i am incredibly stoked for the '12 season!
cheers!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Two things you could do with the fork if you wanted, one is using a drop crown if your frame will allow for it, which will let you drop the stanchions more for a higher a-c height... and the other is you can convert the Boxxer ride to 8" of travel by popping in the spring and spring rod from an 8" Boxxer (might need a topcap too).

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
and does anyone know why my rear tire is rubbing on my seatpost on close-to-bottom out drops? i moved the shuttle back some but now its not as slack :confused:
Straighten your saddle out(nose seems a bit high) and move it forward a tad? Should fix it..

EDIT: duh, you said seatpost, disregard..

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
If on the cheap, find a RS Domain 318IS in the 180mm travel variety - it'll be plenty stiff enough compared to the Ride, and the A2C is roughly 20mm taller. I think it may even come in a touch lighter than the Ride.

Have spent a decent amount of time on both forks, and IMO, the Domain is the better of the two overall, even being a single crown.

Trumbull is lotsa' good fun!

Last edited:

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
If on the cheap, find a RS Domain 318IS in the 180mm travel variety - it'll be plenty stiff enough compared to the Ride, and the A2C is roughly 20mm taller. I think it may even come in a touch lighter than the Ride.

Have spent a decent amount of time on both forks, and IMO, the Domain is the better of the two overall, even being a single crown.

Trumbull is lotsa' good fun!
i am on an EXTREME cheap right now ( going on a roadtrip to whistler; will prob make a thread about it soonish )
i might just buy a high upper crown for my boxxer, just to raise it up a touch ( as you can see i already have tons of steertube spacers, a fat tall freeride stem high rise bars... meh.. its ugly up front )

it might be the last season for the boxxer ride, its been an absolutely great fork, but too short for my izimu

a single crown would look very sweet

its awesome to see people loving trumbull, the valley is literally my backyard haha.. there has been some great builders in there too