Quantcast

Happy Ritchey owner? NOT!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
yeah, seriously -- he breaks a spoke and walks home? I've broken my wrist and still ridden home..... but I'm hella hardcore....:rolleyes:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
DßR said:
yeah, seriously -- he breaks a spoke and walks home? I've broken my wrist and still ridden home..... but I'm hella hardcore....:rolleyes:
I didnt go see a doctor for a broken wrist so I could still ride, thats how gnarcore I am. lol.

yea, roadies will do things like that. :p

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
DßR said:
What you guys aren't considering here in all your MTB machoness is that many road bikes have almost ZERO tire clearance at all... which means a broken spoke could pull the wheel out of true enough to rub against the frame... hence the walk home.

- dump

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
dump said:
What you guys aren't considering here in all your MTB machoness is that many road bikes have almost ZERO tire clearance at all... which means a broken spoke could pull the wheel out of true enough to rub against the frame... hence the walk home.

- dump
Psh. Tire clearance shmire clearance. If they were truly tough, they'd bend that rim back to where it belongs and keep riding. :D

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
bahh. I broke a spoke on a road bike. I was babying the thing hope hoping to not have to bend the rim back, or for that matter replace it. It wasn't even mine so i had to be gentle.

You also kinda have to worry about that spoke getting caught in your drivetrain.

Sorry, maybe I was a little premature in posting this eBay here on this page.

There is some serious history here with Ritchey road wheels breaking mass amounts of spokes...over and over and over. I worked at a road/tri shop for over two years and we sold a lot of Cervelos and they came with Ritchey wheels for the most part.
I cannot tell youhow many pissed off customers came back to warranty work-over the wheels. Total hassle.

I posted it thinking others here might have the amount of experience that I had had with them.
Instead it turned into some big ball show for a coupla monkies. :mumble: :help: