Quantcast

Hadley+10mm axle rear hub on a Bullit

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
After I got a few requests last week, I dug these pics out. Although not technically a 'through' axle, the 10mm does make the rear end of the bullit considerably stiffer than the conventional QR.

And yes, I know I need to clean my bike.

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
I have the exact same setup...:drool: oh wow I love the hub.

You have to buy an adaptor from Hadley (I got all my stuff at Universal Cycles) and then just unscrew the end caps, for lack of better terms, and put in the replacement parts. Then its simply put the axle through and jam it in, it is a little tight. Sweet bullit!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I've been running the same setup on my Bullit. The wheels are also spares for my M1. A quick change of the endcaps and it's a 12mm thru axle. Hadley hubs are soooo coool!!!!

What you failed to show is the one key release system on the other end. You just need one 6mm hex and you can tighten and release the 10mm axle. There's a tab that sets in the dropout that keeps the nut on the other end from turning. Nice.

Mike

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Question: Do you think the increase in stiffness is really noticeable ? I'm getting a Hadley. I was planning on going QR.

PS: is it loud at all ?

Also: how the F do I get my pic smaller than 100mbs ? Can't attach sh&t !

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
gmac said:
Question: Do you think the increase in stiffness is really noticeable ?
Absolutely. The 10mm shines on high-speed and technical descents. Noticably stiffer than the QR, which I had on the Bullit originally.

gmac said:
I'm getting a Hadley. I was planning on going QR. PS: is it loud at all ?
Depends on what you mean by 'loud' -- It doesn't sound like you are being chased down by an angry luftwaffe of mosquitos (a la Chris King), but it isn't silent, either. I don't find the Hadley freewheel annoying.

gmac said:
Also: how the F do I get my pic smaller than 100mbs ? Can't attach sh&t !
Adobe Photoshop, find 'image size' in the menu, resize it to 500-750 pixles in either direction, save the file. Alternatively, if you have a mac with iPhoto, while saving you can specify image sizes that are smaller. I can't imagine what format of picture you are taking that is 100mb- that is freaking huge.