Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There is nothing.......and I mean nothing, more awesome than hearing a fat guy who looks 15 years older than he is screaming angrily in a texas accent. The day that loses its magic is the day I check out. Because I am obviously no longer alive.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/10/16449709-student-shoots-two-at-california-high-school-sheriff-says?lite

normally, one could think, "at least there weren't any little kids involved", but this is CA. i'm sure there was a packed nursery on campus
If only the teacher was packing...

The teacher in the classroom, along with a campus supervisor, "engaged" the shooter with conversation as students were evacuating, according to Youngbood. At one point the shooter put the shotgun down, and officers were able to take him into custody.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
one of those stories got to me:
http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=20353707&catId=112032
Authorities are calling this a tragic accident after a 3-year-old boy got hold of a gun and accidentally shot himself in the head. Several agencies responded to the home just after noon.
News 9 is told the little boy was the homeowner's nephew. He was there just visiting.
The Logan County Sheriff's Office says this is clearly an accident and they aren't expecting criminal charges.
srsly? you (presumably) know a 3 year old is going to be there, or at least have the ability to put the tool away when gets in the door. who just leaves a loaded gun (safety off!) laying around where a 3yo can grab it?

asshole

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
like an idiot, i filtered those results by kids

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20405078/harrison-toddler-dies-from-shooting
HAMILTON COUNTY, TN. (WRCB) -- A toddler has died, after being with his grandfather's gun Thursday.

Janice Atkinson, with the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office, says 2-year-old Brennan Nowell died from his injuries around 11:30 Thursday night.

Neighbors on River Stream Road told Channel 3 the boy found his grandfather's .40 caliber handgun and accidentally shot himself on the side.

He was taken to Erlanger for emergency surgery.

No word on possible charges.

Atkinson says due to the sensitive nature of the case, more information will be released when the investigation is complete.
years.
old.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Liability can go a long way in prevention. The US has lax industrial safety standards compared to the rest of the industrial world as our litigious society drives safety. A gun owner should be treated as though their finger pulled the trigger every-time that weapon is shot.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Thats not what Im saying. Ive just never heard anyone say "Im an irrisponsible gunowner".
This is why i redeem the whole "responsible gunowner argument" invalid unless you actually enforce very strict rules and go and do unexpected checks in houses of gunowners.

If this doesnt seem plausible theres only two options. Either you live with the fact that people will be killed by guns.
Or you ban guns.

Since the US is a democracy why not let the people decide through a referendum or something? Id be curious to see how many people would vote Pro Gun.

Last edited:

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
one of those stories got to me:
http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=20353707&catId=112032
srsly? you (presumably) know a 3 year old is going to be there, or at least have the ability to put the tool away when gets in the door. who just leaves a loaded gun (safety off!) laying around where a 3yo can grab it?

asshole
I don't think anybody is even talking about gun security legislation to keep guns out of the hands of children.

Worst. Unprecedented Assault on the 2nd Amendment. Evar.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
and go and do unexpected checks in houses of gunowners.

Since the US is a democracy why not let the people decide through a referendum or something? Id be curious to see how many people would vote Pro Gun.
:rofl::rofl: unexpected checks in people's houses? the murder rate will sky rocket if people unexpectedly show up in people's houses.

the government doesnt want the people to vote on this issue, thats blatantly apparent....hell, according to reports, the guy in office doesnt even want to wait for Congress to do something, he might just make up his own laws through executive orders/actions and bypass the whole democratic process.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
^^^^

Gun nuts - November 2012 said:
We just need to enforce the laws we have.
Gun nuts - January 2013 said:
Obama is going to enforce the laws we have!!! OMFGTYRANNY!!!!
I will give you the point on house checks. That would be a fvck up of epic proportions.

I do think we will see some gun related initiatives on state ballots in 2014. We will also see more of a distinction in candidate platforms that is more stark than our usual Pro Gun vs. I Don't Want To Talk About It.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Just a couple of pussies who get their kicks from intimidating random strangers. These are the type that would be too scared to protect themselves with their mind and their fists, but act tough if they have a gun. Fvck them !
These dilholes drove 200 miles to pull this crap in MY neighborhood. I'm not sure what it takes to revoke a concealed carry permit but using a gun to intimidate and provoke people ought to be enough. They obviously are lacking when it comes to responsible decision making.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
if the gov't gets too over-reaching w/ gun control, there will simply more stories like this one:

proliferation, not confiscation!
I'm pretty sure that's harder to do than shoot them. Also I'm yet to see 10+ people being killed in a non gun killing spree.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
We will also see more of a distinction in candidate platforms that is more stark than our usual Pro Gun vs. I Don't Want To Talk About It.
probably. a candidate will somehow find a way to exploit the whole situation and somehow turn it into their favor (or so theyd like to think.)

the first step is to educate people!
there are a ton of videos of people on youtube open carrying their rifles and "assault rifles" just to prove a point. while i do support open carry and concealed carry of a handgun, walking around with a long gun and video taping the incidents is pretty fvcking moronic

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
there are a ton of videos of people on youtube open carrying their rifles and "assault rifles" just to prove a point.......walking around with a long gun and video taping the incidents is pretty fvcking moronic
It's reassuring to know these two morons aren't unique among permit carrying (aka 'the responsible') gun owners.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It's reassuring to know these two morons aren't unique among permit carrying (aka 'the responsible') gun owners.
it a lot of states you dont need a license to open carry even with a long arm.
while these particular people maybe arent the brightest bulb in the pack, it doesnt particularly mean they are irresponsible. their way of trying to "educate" people probably isnt the way most of us would do it but they are infact pushing the limit of what "irresponsible" is