Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Postal workers don't seem to have much trouble getting guns....... Mind you it's been awhile since I last heard of a "Going postal" incident.
Proof that arming everyone works?????

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Postal workers don't seem to have much trouble getting guns....... Mind you it's be awhile since I last heard of a "Going postal" incident.
Proof that arming everyone works?????
Clearly the problem was that not enough postal workers had guns.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It would seem that the last three major shooting incidents occured with the offender using someone else's gun. Makes sense to make gun owners criminally responsible if their property was not properly secured and used in a crime. The NRA once described itself as a gun safety organization, why are they not pushing owners to properly secure their weapons with safes and trigger locks?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It would seem that the last three major shooting incidents occured with the offender using someone else's gun. Makes sense to make gun owners criminally responsible if their property was not properly secured and used in a crime. The NRA once described itself as a gun safety organization, why are they not pushing owners to properly secure their weapons with safes and trigger locks?
Why, I'll tell you why. They want people to shoot each other so they can sell more guns.

1. They use scare tactics to convince the consumer that they need to be better protected. That evil rat from the NRA, Wayne LaPierre, made an entire speech about arming elementary school teachers.

2. Proven field testing in a real world environment will sell products. Every time a mass shooting happens the sales of the weapon used goes through the roof. The AR-15 is a proven tool of mass killing. Gun nuts love this ****, even if they won't admit it. Sick but true.

3. The average US citizen is nothing more than a sheep with a wallet. And the NRA knows it, and will do whatever it takes to keep them ignorant and loyal to the companies that the lobby for.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Maybe public shaming will work?

edit: By the way, this was my mom's post on FB -

dante's mom said:
I can't believe the Journal News has published (online interactive map) the names and addresses of all registered gun owners in the county! YIKES!!!
She doesn't own a gun. Nobody in the family does. I have no idea why she'd be freaking out, other than the fact that Fox News / Talk Radio told her to freak out.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
dumbass

NBC News anchor David Gregory is under investigation by police after displaying what he said was a high-capacity gun clip on Sunday's broadcast of "Meet the Press," a spokeswoman for Washington's Metropolitan Police Department said Wednesday.
Gregory held up the 30-round gun magazine - barred under Washington municipal code - during a nationally broadcast interview Sunday morning with National Rifle Association Chief Executive Officer Wayne LaPierre.....

Washington's municipal code prohibits possession, sale or transfer of "any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50297849#.UNtyu-RAOSo

Every trigger lock that I have examined has been junk.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
and heres the a-hole author's home address

(dont mind the sperring)
A group posting the (publicly available) names and addresses of a group of people who did something that they didn't agree with in an easily searchable map format?

Yeah, I've never seen that before...

Isn't it funny how these right-wing idiots are all about privacy when it's their OWN names and addresses that show up on the internet?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
they really didn't have to do that since his name was probably on the map....

Editor’s note: Journal News reporter Dwight R. Worley owns a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum and has had a residence permit in New York City for that weapon since February 2011.
but if they want to make it easier for someones gun to get stolen....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The problem with all of this is that the cat is already out of the bag. There are so many guns in circulation that it's easy for criminals to get them. They can get them through improper pawn shop sales, gun shows, stealing them, 2nd hand sales, and improper sales at gun shops. I know of a few that were improper. There are so many guns in circulation that a significant number can get into the hands of bad people, even though the percentage of them falling into those hands may be small. Lots of people own 20 or more guns, way more than even bike-addicts would usually own, into the hundreds. We can make all the buying laws in the world, there are likely hundreds of millions of guns out there in circulation, and I'd imagine they'll stay there even if ordered to be turned in. That's the problem IMO. Lots of other countries that allow citizens to have "arms" have reasonable laws and rules that prevent the situation from ever getting to the point it has gotten in our country. So we end up where we are now...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The problem with all of this is that the cat is already out of the bag.
Hey look! It's NRA talking point #238!

What are you, fkcing FRENCH?? There's not a god damn problem us americans with chest hair have EVER not been able to address. That's what makes us not french surrender monkeys. Quit being a pussy. It may not happen in 5 seconds like you're used to but caving to morons with moron infrastructure and sitting on your god damn fat lazy ass is no excuse. Boo fvcking hoo. If you have any plans whatsoever of reproducing man the fvck up and make some changes happen. Only idiots can't think past half a generation.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Seems like a perfect time for a buy back or trade in program. Guns for dildos ?

Seriously though, I vaguely remember seeing stuff on the news when I was a kid, about a gun buy back program. Could that happen again ?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
True, but I honestly think some of these gun nuts are crazy enough to attempt to kill people that "pry their guns away". It's only how widespread that's the question. I think it's really what many of them want.

I wasn't trying to make an excuse for it necessarily, just pointing out that expecting results without doing something about the sheer number out there is probably far-fetched. Our gun-culture is out of control on many levels, and that's built the numbers up to insane levels. Other nations don't seem to have this problem. Yes, we need laws like they have, but we also need to do something about the ones that are out there right now, at least the way excessive number of them.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Seems like a perfect time for a buy back or trade in program. Guns for dildos ?

Seriously though, I vaguely remember seeing stuff on the news when I was a kid, about a gun buy back program. Could that happen again ?
It already is happening in some states and cities. Feinstein even alluding to a national but back program...cause the US has the vast resources to buy back 300mil+ guns :think:

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I wasn't trying to make an excuse for it necessarily, just pointing out that expecting results without doing something about the sheer number out there is probably far-fetched. Our gun-culture is out of control on many levels, and that's built the numbers up to insane levels. Other nations don't seem to have this problem. Yes, we need laws like they have, but we also need to do something about the ones that are out there right now, at least the way excessive number of them.
For sure. But the longer we wait the worse it gets. As a population, america ain't exactly gettin any brighter. Half our 'education' comes from lobby groups.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Couple of guys got into an argument on Slickdeals and this was one of their responses:

Thanks for the heads up, in the end no need to start the insulting. We are all a bit on edge here with our 2A being threatened by ignorant Dems/sheeple.
I can just imagine this keeps them up at nights... waking up in a cold sweat, imagining Teh Government coming for their guns.

Given the general demographics of these guys, I wonder if that's an acceptable excuse for domestic violence? "Sorry honey, I didn't mean to hurt you, it's just the thought of that damn negro in the White House, coming into my house, to take my guns... got me all worked up."

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Given the general demographics of these guys, I wonder if that's an acceptable excuse for domestic violence? "Sorry honey, I didn't mean to hurt you, it's just the thought of that damn negro in the White House, coming into my house, to take my guns... got me all worked up."

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I learned something over the weekend. I know "bullet control" has been brought up and I was laughing with a friend when he said "I have been saying that since day 1" (he is a gun nut).

Turns out, if I have a criminal history, I can't buy or own certain guns, but I can buy and own the ammo for said guns I can't own. So should I meet some shady guy and buy a gun from his trunk, I can go to WalMart and pick up all the ammo I need without a check of any kind other than age.

Seems legit.