Quantcast

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
WTF is wrong w/ some people? before we can *ever* consider allowing something like this, we need an overhaul of our mental health system, starting w/ the over-qualified candidates as those 2 parents.

this is what happens when "normal" people have access to handguns:

http://www.krdo.com/news/police-man-hid-gun-after-boy-5-shot-3yearold/27338588

recommendation for new/updated legislation: you carry when on parole, and it's used negligently, you're gone. just disappeared to a black site in egypt.

what's truly disturbing in that article is the fact the kids have already been desensitized to gun violence. what is this? somalia?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
http://www.krdo.com/news/police-man-hid-gun-after-boy-5-shot-3yearold/27338588

what's truly disturbing in that article is the fact the kids have already been desensitized to gun violence. what is this? somalia?
Sounds like they will both make great cops.

Seriously though, you live in a culture that glorifies and gleefully wallows in firearm based violence with its popluar culture/entertainment, and dwells in deep systemic paranoia.
This self inflicted end result is utterly predictable.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

Seriously though, you live in a culture that glorifies and gleefully wallows in firearm based violence with its popluar culture/entertainment, and dwells in deep systemic paranoia.
we also like cheese.

you forgot that.
we're not animals.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

but it is all the fault of the nra.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Guess they don't have freedom™ where you live. Got any oil ? We can free the sh!t out of you if ya do.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Makes about as much sense as being able to carry a firearm out to a bar. Now legal in a few states. Can't smoke cigarettes in bars here because second hand smoke is dangerous. But if you wanna take your 17 round 9mm compensator out for a drink, well that's certainly safe.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
GGWAG. Not sure if this belongs here or in the Eff da police thread...

A Loudoun County sheriff’s deputy shot his teenage daughter at their Winchester home after mistaking her for an intruder, then crashed his car as he tried to race her to the hospital, according to the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
1. We demand the immediate end to police brutality, harassment, and murder of the people of color by people of color.
ftft...

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Begs the Why question....

Girl accidentally shoots instructor in Arizona

Updated 4:17 pm, Monday, August 25, 2014

DOLAN SPRINGS, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a 9-year-old girl has accidentally shot her shooting instructor in the head in northwestern Arizona.

Mohave County Sheriff's officials say the 39-year-old shooting instructor was shot at an outdoor range in Dolan Springs about 10 a.m. Monday.

Details weren't immediately released.

Sheriff's officials say the man was airlifted to a medical center in Las Vegas, Nevada and his condition isn't immediately known.

The name of the man and the 9-year-old girl haven't been released.

Authorities say the girl was at the shooting range with her parents.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Follow up

She had a freaking UZI

DOLAN SPRINGS, Ariz. (AP) — A 9-year-old girl accidentally killed an Arizona shooting instructor as he was showing her how to use an automatic Uzi, authorities said Tuesday.

Charles Vacca, 39, of Lake Havasu City, died Monday shortly after being airlifted to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, Mohave County sheriff's officials said.

Vacca was standing next to the girl at the Last Stop outdoor shooting range in White Hills when she pulled the trigger and the recoil sent the gun over her head, investigators said.

Authorities said the girl was at the shooting range with her parents. Her name was not released.

A woman who answered the phone at the shooting range said it had no comment. She did not provide her name.

It is not known if the range had an age limit on shooting or if the girl was going through a safety class.

Ronald Scott, a Phoenix-based firearms safety expert, said most shooting ranges have an age limit and strict safety rules when teaching children to shoot. He said instructors usually have their hands on guns when children are firing high-powered weapons.

"You can't give a 9-year-old an Uzi and expect her to control it," Scott said.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Come on, who DOESNT have a uzzi in AZ? I shot a MAC-11 (basically same thing, full auto one handed 30rd clip endless fun) in AZ. I think they make you do this before they give you your drivers license that doesn't expire for 40 years.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I maintain that that incident is child abuse. A 9-year-old should not have been put in a position where she now has to live with the knowledge that she killed someone. Child abuse
Jesus Christ. The range owner was just on All In with Chris Hayes and is every bit as tone deaf as one would expect. His justification is that shooting an automatic weapon was high on the girls bucket list. I hope it was high on the instructor's list too. He also talked about how well trained is staff is. I guess that doesn't make up for something being a fvcking horrible idea.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Freedom™ of a child is a Sacred Thing. If our children can't access military grade firearms, use them, and accidentally kill their supervising adults, then the terrorists have won.