Quantcast

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
This isn't CoD where there's a running shootout and home invaders try to dodge bullets all the way up to you so that they can kill you with a knife.
we can't on one hand claim our country is over-ridden with palin-masturbating preppers, and then say teh crazy can't be part of a deranged home invaders, too. especially fellow preppers who've fallen behind & "go shopping" at a neighbor's w/ an apocolyptic mindset
As a matter of fact I think that if I ever got a gun for home defense it'd be a pump action tactical shotgun with a blank as the first round. I can't imagine what a PITA it'd be repairing 00 buck rounds ripping through all of my interior walls...
a blank (if even they're available) is less than lethal, but will still jack you up at close range (ask jason lee). make it a bean bag round, or some other riot-specific round

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
let's not forget phoenix, where home invasions by armed human trafficker / drug lord proxies are the norm. so much so they don't get widely reported unless "civilians" (i.e., white people) are caught in crossfire.

e: same goes for any border town, actually.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Show me ONE instance of robbers/home invaders continuing to press the attack after the homeowner fired a weapon. Just one. This isn't CoD where there's a running shootout and home invaders try to dodge bullets all the way up to you so that they can kill you with a knife.

That's totally unrealistic. I mean hell, LAPD has to shoot 50 fvcking shots just to hit two Hispanic ladies trying to deliver the newspaper and can barley wound them. How is the average home owner going to protect themselves from a bad guy with anything less than a chain gun if it's that hard for professionals to hit 2 innocent people?

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
That's totally unrealistic. I mean hell, LAPD has to shoot 50 fvcking shots just to hit two Hispanic ladies trying to deliver the newspaper and can barley wound them. How is the average home owner going to protect themselves from a bad guy with anything less than a chain gun if it's that hard for professionals to hit 2 innocent people?
since we're talking LAPD here, let's specify: hispanic *OR* innocent. pick one.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Wouldnt have happend if there was good regulations on gun control in the first place.

What baffles me about you 'Mericans...
Every single one of you (stereotypes anyone?) can state the statistics on every baseball/hockey/football player that has ever lived but as soon as it comes to something important you completely ignore all statistics and go around running like a bunch of brainless cowboys...
Is it because you are:
A: Really that dumb?
B: Really that scared?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Wouldnt have happend if there was good regulations on gun control in the first place.

Every single one of you (stereotypes anyone?) can state the statistics on every baseball/hockey/football player that has ever lived but as soon as it comes to something important you completely ignore all statistics and go around running like a bunch of brainless cowboys...
Is it because you are:
it's about freedumb™™

the freedom to pick & choose which stats are relevant.

also, jan stenerud kicks ass

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
So there is nothing in this story that sounds a little off to you? For example, why would someone storm a tax prep business? Why would a tax prep business have an armed security guard on site? Something else would have to be going on such as drugs or some personal dispute. I highly doubt this is an example of a good guy with a gun just happening to be in the right place at the right time.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So there is nothing in this story that sounds a little off to you? For example, why would someone storm a tax prep business? Why would a tax prep business have an armed security guard on site? Something else would have to be going on such as drugs or some personal dispute. I highly doubt this is an example of a good guy with a gun just happening to be in the right place at the right time.
sh!t gets real in the hood apparently. its probably the same reason that White Castle has 4" thick bullet proof glass in front of the employees.

edit: since we're on stereotypes, "the owner" in the chair did seem shady :D

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Such insightfull logic Im not even gonna argue with that.:rolleyes:
Ill drop one line of my own logic here, well maybe its borrowed logic but to me
it just seems to make sense...

MORE GUNS MEANS MORE GUN RELATED CRIME AND VIOLENCE.
how doesnt that make sense to you? even with strict regulations, or limiting sales like you allude to, wont stop criminals acquiring guns illegally to commit crimes

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
MORE GUNS MEANS MORE GUN RELATED CRIME AND VIOLENCE.
is this unique to guns? if so, then that must then mean we shouldn't see an uptick in knife (or insert weapon of choice here) crime/violence if so
how doesnt that make sense to you? even with strict regulations, or limiting sales like you allude to, wont stop criminals acquiring guns illegally to commit crimes
but if we make it clear to other countries about our newly minted gun laws, that sends a clear message not to come here armed.

amirite?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

Yes, unload your shotgun indiscriminately off the balcony. That's all you need for self defense...especially when you have a security squad with AR's protecting you.
Because that is what he is saying...just shoot the **** out of anything or anybody who gets in your way.
The stupid is strong with you isnt it?

Want security? Buy a dog.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so kevin, what do you think the answer is (or is close to)? do you think the solution lies within comprehensive legislation?
- an absolute ban on guns?
- an absolute ban on ammo?
- registration of either/both?
- confiscation of either/both?

some combination of the above?

engage.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Is it because you are:

Poll Fail;
No option C:Both, or option D: Bacon/loco sucks.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
from teh FB, therefore likely to be apocryphal
Chuck Jones
27 December 2012

Australian Gun Law Update�

Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts....

Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real
figures from Down Under.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to
surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own
government, a program costing Australia taxpayers
more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,
Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria.....
lone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.(Note that
while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not
and criminals still possess their guns!)
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady
decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins andassaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public
safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns....' You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the
hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!
Will you be one of the sheep to turn yours in?
WHY? You will need it.

FORWARD TO EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST. [I DID]
DON'T BE A MEMBER OF THE SILENT MAJORITY.
BE ONE OF THE VOCAL MINORITY WHO WON 'T STAND FOR NONSENSE — with Charlie Bowerman.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Is it because you are:
so how much time, exactly, have you spent in america?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
"The security guard shot twice and the perpetrators fled".

Uh.... How is this not my point exactly?

As for the "shot five times in the face", I'm assuming you're talking about this one?

Here's the story:

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater was still conscious.
“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.
Sounds like she shot 6 times in rapid succession, hitting him 5 times in the same general area (face/neck).

Come on, there's got to be ONE story out there of a prolonged shootout in a home where heavily-armed intruders are overcome the withering gunfire from inside the house before being driven away by the patriotic American and his 300+ rounds of .223 ammo?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Criminals get illegal guns THAT WERE ORIGINALLY SOLD LEGALLY. Either they buy them outright, get someone else to buy them outright, or steal them from the person who bought them outright. Why do you think that handguns are the weapon of choice instead of fully-automatic guns? It's because one's easy to get legally (and therefore easy to get illegally) and one's not. Criminals aren't bootlegging these handguns in from Russia, they're walking into their local Grandpa's Gun Shop and buying one, or robbing the house of someone else who walked into Grandpa's Gun Shop and bought one.

Like this.

RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- According to a search warrant made public Wednesday, one of the guns used in an Oakwood home invasion was stolen a week earlier in another Raleigh home invasion.

Back in January, two suspects were armed with handguns when they entered the home of Jason Beyer in the historic Oakwood neighborhood. In the brutal home invastion, the suspects shot Beyer in the back, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down.

Within minutes of the home invasion, police nabbed two suspects -- brothers Jahaad and Shabar Marshall. Within hours of the arrests, police began connecting the two to other crimes in the area.

In the warrant, detectives said as the brothers fled in their car they threw a gun out the window. Police said the gun was stolen from the home of Pat and Nickey Lovick a week earlier.
The Lovicks were the victims of a home invasion on Dec. 30. The masked intruders handcuffed the Lovicks to a bed post and stole several items, including a small caliber pistol.

As soon as the Marshall brothers were arrested, the Lovicks were convinced the brothers committed the crime at their house. They just hope it was not their gun that was used to shoot Beyer.

"If it was our gun it would, it would make me feel worse, make me feel worse for the - I don't know - worse for the people. Just, just to think that it could have been our gun that shot that man would be upsetting," Pat Lovick said.

It is unclear if the gun used to shoot Beyer is the one stolen from the Lovicks. The warrant only says the suspects with armed with multiple handguns, but does not say which one was used on Beyer.

However, it is clear that Beyer and his wife do not plan to allow the robbers to rob them of their home or spirit. A Facebook page has been set up to raise money for Beyer's rehabilitation. His posts are upbeat and inspirational as he takes the public through his journey.

The couple plans to remain in the Oakwood home.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Why is she shooting high at the smallest target area anyway? Shoot center of mass...more vital organs, less bony mass. This smacks of poor training. She must not have used teh Weaver stance...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Ok Ill engage...

so kevin, what do you think the answer is (or is close to)? do you think the solution lies within comprehensive legislation?
- an absolute ban on guns?
Not necessary, but neither are assault rifles, high capacity clips or high caliber sniper rifles...
- an absolute ban on ammo?
Again not cecessary, but some regulation would be in place.
- registration of either/both?
Registration of both. I dont see any problem with that if you buy your guns for hunting, or any form of sports shooting.
- confiscation of either/both?
Yes. Starting today confiscate all overpowered automatic weapons and certain types of ammo.
It may not make an immidiate impact but given time it will.
Adding weapons will never make things better, it will only make the problems worse no matter how you look at it.

some combination of the above?

engage.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Ok Ill engage...
I still think that we should hold the original purchaser of the gun accountable for ALL crimes that are ever committed with that gun... You want to be a straw-buyer for your buddy who can't buy one due to a criminal record? Ok, but if he goes out and murders 10 people, you're going to be locked up in jail alongside him. You want to store guns in an insecure manner and they're stolen and used in crimes? Great, hope you've got a defense attorney all lined up.

Maybe it'll make people actually stop and think about the danger they're putting the American public in?