Quantcast

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
it a lot of states you dont need a license to open carry even with a long arm.
while these particular people maybe arent the brightest bulb in the pack, it doesnt particularly mean they are irresponsible. their way of trying to "educate" people probably isnt the way most of us would do it but they are infact pushing the limit of what "irresponsible" is
I know, I was just busting your balls.
When I was a kid in MI it wasn't uncommon, nor a cause for lockdown, for us to have rifles in our cars at school. Times have changed.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You put a gun in a gun rack? I thought those were for fishing poles and baseball bats. :panic:
We called them Assault Racks but the correct term is Modern Sporting Racks.
I guess those items wouldn't be totally out of place.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's NOT violent, it's only people shaped targets. Damn you guys, the NRA wouldn't do anything to put youth at risk.

One thing that made me chuckle is the random gun safety tips while the game is loading.

Gun Safety Tip #8
Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.

<edit> OMG :rofl:
Gun Safety Tip #10
Stop shooting immediately if you think you may have experienced a gun malfunction.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's NOT violent, it's only people shaped targets. Damn you guys, the NRA wouldn't do anything to put youth at risk.

One thing that made me chuckle is the random gun safety tips while the game is loading.

Gun Safety Tip #8
Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.

<edit> OMG :rofl:
Gun Safety Tip #10
Stop shooting immediately if you think you may have experienced a gun malfunction.
Yeah games and movies only make you kill people when it's gory and realistic. When death looks like no consequence fun it's all ok and there is no way it will turn you into a killer. I love how many of the gun advocates use that logic.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
soooo why are people freaking out about obamas executive actions? I've heard people go so far as to say he's "wiping his ass with the constitution" :confused:

i've read the 23 executive orders, most of which seem to improve programs already in place (background checks, safety programs, training for first responders), and making some first steps to improving access to mental health care. here they are:

1. "Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system."

2. "Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system."

3. "Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system."

4. "Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks."

5. "Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun."

6. "Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers."

7. "Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign."

8. "Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission)."

9. "Issue a presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations."

10. "Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement."

11. "Nominate an ATF director."

12. "Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations."

13. "Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime."

14. "Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

15. "Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies."

16. "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

17. "Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

18. "Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers."

19. "Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education."

20. "Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover."

21. "Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges."

22. "Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations."

23. "Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health."

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I also want to convey - the Presidents Executive Orders, for the most part i'm all for. If you own something capable of that much destruction you should pass a hard series of backround checks. Absolutely. Mental health in your family needs to be examined, and if you choose to have a firearm with someone who is mentally unstable, how could you NOT see it as a personal responsibility to keep anything dangerous away from them.
If you are for the executive order changes, what part of of Obama's proposed legislative changes do you find problematic? Serious question as they seem pretty mild to me. If anything, they are less aggressive than gun measures taken by the 2nd to last Republican president. Large majorities of nearly every voting block including NRA members support universal background checks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Haven't read much of this thread, don't plan on it. I hate the word Libtards, despise it, but from what i've seen sounds more or less what everyone that reads this thread is. My latest conversation with a friend on FB:
careful chief, you start throwin them kinda words around you'll get a quick ticket to the -rep train :panic:

[edit] also, you sound like a pretty big freakin' idiot when you say "haven't read the thread, don't plan on it", and then immediately proceed to pass judgement on everyone because of their opinions that you haven't read. [/edit]

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Is anyone else concerned that the Dems might not be stepping on their own dicks on this issue? To be clear, I'm not against anything I've seen so far, but is the greater American® public going to view this as an over reach?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
let's take a bit of a poll here...

how many of you have actually lost a friend or family member due to gun violence?
Not friends, but classmates in high school.
-Classmate Bryan Britton slaughtered his whole family: parents, sister,brother. This was back in the good old days where kids had rifles in their cars, he used to bring his gun to school and actually worked on it in metal shop.
-Another classmate was accidentally shot and killed by his neighbor.
-20 years after I last spoke to him a kid who used live down the street was murdered.

I have been shot at twice, once as a teenager by some knuckle dragging moron who thought it would be funny to shoot at my feet.

Had a bullet whizz by me when hiking out in the Cascades. No idea what the intent was but standing on the top of a snow capped peak wearing blue and orange clothes I doubt I was mistaken for an animal.

Edit: Britton article
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/23/nyregion/parents-and-a-brother-slain-by-self-styled-rambo-16.html?src=pm

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Is anyone else concerned that the Dems might not be stepping on their own dicks on this issue? To be clear, I'm not against anything I've seen so far, but is the greater American® public going to view this as an over reach?
I'm not sure many of them actually comprehend what is going on and being said.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
[edit] also, you sound like a pretty big freakin' idiot when you say "haven't read the thread, don't plan on it", and then immediately proceed to pass judgement on everyone because of their opinions that you haven't read. [/edit]
you misspelled judgment

how many of you have actually lost a friend or family member due to gun violence?
3 suicides in high school

apparently, it's really tough being white & middle class

also, anybody else notice the littleton hs massacre happened smack dab in the middle of the fed'l assault weapons ban? just in case anyone here speculated this might be a silver bullet [/mmike]

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the one where they used banned weapons like the tec 9? The one where there was a shootout with armed officers and supposedly an armed officer on premises when the shooting brokeout? The one where they got their guns illegally through friends or through fun loopholes ie da gun show?

how would actually preventing them from getting those weapons not have reduced the death toll?

There's no silver bullet.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
how would actually preventing them from getting those weapons not have reduced the death toll?
it would have eliminated the death toll, most likely. i'm just assuming they wouldn't have used a knife, club, hands, feet, or homemade bomb lethally. i could be wrong. it is just speculation, after all.

oh, that story about the iraq vet & wife who were murdered a couple days ago? yeah, well, his wife was 3mo pregnant when she was slaughtered w/ a gun. so that's just fkking awesome

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
it would have eliminated the death toll, most likely. i'm just assuming they wouldn't have used a knife, club, hands, feet, or homemade bomb lethally. i could be wrong. it is just speculation, after all.

oh, that story about the iraq vet & wife who were murdered a couple days ago? yeah, well, his wife was 3mo pregnant when she was slaughtered w/ a gun. so that's just fkking awesome
When the fvck did that happen? This is the first I've heard of that. And why the fvck are you on the stormfront forums?

Last edited: