Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
16.8" is wayyy too long for riding on the internet. Next year, we're putting the rear axle in front of the BB for maximum flickability.

The 26" version is a bit snappy for my tastes, which is part of why my personal MT is the 27.5" version. It depends on riding style for what we recommend.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
16.8" is wayyy too long for riding on the internet. Next year, we're putting the rear axle in front of the BB for maximum flickability.
I don't know about serious riding but it seems pretty good for ambivalent riding.
Thanks, boys. Knew I could count on the wisdom of RM to see me though these challenging times. Since most of my riding is on the intertube I guess I'll just have to buy a specialized instead.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Oh, and the build if anyone cares:

Medium 26" Megatrail
CCDB Air CS
Enve/DT 240 wheels
Lyric Solo Air (for now, Mattoc Pro en route)
XT crank, 34t narrow wide ring
11-36 XT cassette, Saint derailleur, XTR shifter
Formula The One brakes
XTR trail pedals
Thomson dropper
Thomson 50mm stem
Kore flat bar (for now, probably will get something carbony once I get the cockpit setup dialed)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Thanks. The suspension and cockpit setup still need some work but I'm mostly digging it so far.

I do wish the headtube was shorter. Largely due to a shoulder issue I like my bars SLAMMED and I'm having a hard time getting them low enough.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Found out that the Mattoc is still a month-plus out. Debating switching to a Pike, or maybe a 36. Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, I know there are some out there, but Manitou doesn't have any right now.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Problem solved. Canceled my fork order through GG and got a Mattoc from CRC instead.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Thanks. The suspension and cockpit setup still need some work but I'm mostly digging it so far.

I do wish the headtube was shorter. Largely due to a shoulder issue I like my bars SLAMMED and I'm having a hard time getting them low enough.
Problem solved!

But on a serious note, I did run my MT with 150 fork for awhile before bumping it up to 160, and it worked well - just a little steeper and a scoosh lower. Although that may not be an possible with the Mattoc.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You laugh but I actually bought one of these.

The 44mm version doesn't clear a 1.5 headube. :(

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The FlatForce seems like a perfect solution. They do make a 55mm long version; I can ask Syntace if it will clear a 49mm head tube.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I called their US distributor but they didn't have a 55 in stock to check. If you know of someone else you can ask that would be awesome.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Syntace didn't have CAD models to send, but making a couple assumptions, I made my own model, and checked clearance.

Using this to make the model, it looks like the 55mm FlatForce fits with a Cane Creek zero stack upper headset and no spacers. We can get that stem, if you want.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Awesome, thanks.

I'll go look at the 44mm one I have at home again tonight to see how well that bodes for the 55, but I'll likely take you up on that. I'll shoot you an email in a bit.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Last edited:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Found out that the Mattoc is still a month-plus out. Debating switching to a Pike, or maybe a 36. Thoughts from the peanut gallery?
the pike plus megatrail combo is incredible..its a pretty easy decision if you ask me

edit: whoops helps if you read the whole thread first

Wetbed0

Chimp
Dec 17, 2013
Colorado
Day one of megatrail testing went really well. Current feelings, don't like knobby nicks, and I don't like shimano shifting. Pike, and dB air are great. Climbs and decends great(as much as I could do at Valmont). Jumps pretty well, about as forgiving as a dh bike. Tomorrow I'll try for 1000 feet of elevation, really put it through its paces. I'm on the trail 1 27.5 for anyone wondering.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Day one of megatrail testing went really well. Current feelings, don't like knobby nicks, and I don't like shimano shifting. Pike, and dB air are great. Climbs and decends great(as much as I could do at Valmont). Jumps pretty well, about as forgiving as a dh bike. Tomorrow I'll try for 1000 feet of elevation, really put it through its paces. I'm on the trail 1 27.5 for anyone wondering.
Cool. What mode did you have it in and what size are you on? Curious to hear your take when you give it a good workout.