Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
FedEx man brought me a present yesterday!!!

So stoked..The GG guys were awesome to work with..they answered every one of my hundreds of stupid questions...

Getting built up tomorrow...

This is a medium 650b
Build is going to be:

Pike Dual Position
Cane Creek Angleset at -.5
Renthal bar/stem
Sensus Disdaboss grips
Light-Bicycle 35mm carbon rims on dt240 hubs
X9 shifting
Race Face Next cranks with 32t ring (going to be running my old xt cranks and 34t as Im waiting on the spindle for new cranks)
MRP AMg carbon guide
Reverb Stealth

If anyone is interested in checking one out to see how the sizing is this bike will be available in Southern Ca..Im located in Santa Barbara

Ill also be at several of the Ca Enduro Series races if anyone wants to try it...just send me a pm if interested

The shock's on backwards? Usually the damper body and piggyback are attached to the frame so they don't move. Too small a weight difference to really matter but still thought I'd point it out.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
already have the fork unfortunately....you couldnt get a 2014 dual position in black...trust me I tried..I even went so far as buying a black solo air and tried to swap the air springs..turns out the stanchions are different..

I hate the white
I was in the same boat. I have had the bike for a few weeks now still wish I had a black dual air.:rolleyes: The fork itself has been flawless.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Got her built up minus the Next cranks and reverb...those are going on tomorrow...

Took it for a spin on my usual after work loop..thing is badass...amazing how much more natural feeling the long front is...really felt like I could get my weight over the front more...on my old bike when I would get over the front wheel it always wanted to push or the back end wanted to come around....it also manuals extremely well although I have to get used to the balance point of the 650bs..

It has a -.5 angleset on it so its sporting a 65deg HA..thing was rock solid at speed and had zero problems negotiating tight marbely switchbacks...It ate up gnarly rock sections with ease..

I wasn't pushing it too hard so I can only imagine once I'm used to it....

I definitely felt the few extra lb's on the climb (about 1800'..long pavement climb then steep loose tech) Also the bigger wheels felt a little hesitant to accelerate but they rolled over the square edges nicely..
I've also been off the bike for a month so I'm definitely not at 100% fitness...I'm thinking it could use another gear so I will most likely turn in my man card and get a 42t cog..

Ill post a better review/pics once I have some more time on it and I have all the parts on..dont mind the stack of headset spacers above the stem right now!

Last edited:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
So here she is..(shoulda waited to take pics to bring the nose of the saddle up)

Last edited:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
While I would rather be riding that bike, it will serve as appropriate masturbation fodder for the next few weeks.

Great build, and don't hesitate to add more ride reports. Enjoy your new bike!
"You must spread reputation around before giving it to this user again"

Will definitely give a nice In depth review once I've got a few more rides on it. Was able to let it loose on some serious square edge hits today. Really incredible how good it eats up rocks. I'm already faster in the rough on it..my corner speed is still getting there. I'm not used to how much you can get over the front end with it being so roomy..Getting used to 650b at the same time..it definitely breaks free differently than 26..the difference when hitting big square edge rocks was very noticeable though..just plows right over.. I had a few turns that I hit perfectly and the thing rails.
I went with a smaller rotor in the rear. Think I need to swap it out for a 203 again. Doing 15min descents the slx and 180mm in the rear isn't cutting it..Once I get my braking points dialed I think it's going to be a game changer.

Doing a 4k ft singletrack descent tomorrow am so ill definitely have plenty of corners to practice on!! So stoked so far!!

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Thanks! Guess that means I spent enough on my build haha!

Tire measures exactally 27.5..I'd have to measure one sidewall if you want the height.

It's good I used to always run original HR's and these are definitely an improvent. Aren't as drifty when transitioning to the side knobs..rolls fast enough for the front..

And for the people who were asking it's 30.99lbs

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have just ordered a Butcher Control 2.3 / Purgatory Control 2.3 combo for my 27.5 trail bike. I have no previous experience with Spesh tires but I have heard good stuff about them. The HRIIs and Minions are a bit heavier but I'll try them next if the Spesh fail to impress me.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
aka building one for 29" wheels. which have definitely not been proven, at all, ever, in competition where people go fast.

PS 26 is still dead, and 275 is the new 26.
Yes, which some people fast have proven to use, for which others have still proven that 'dead' size to go fast.

Point is, you can't just throw 29" wheels on a frame and call it a day. It's a completely different bike at that point. May as well ask them to design another bike ;-)

PS 29" is for **** flow trails built for old men and will taper off in sales soon enough :P

Wetbed0

Chimp
Dec 17, 2013
Colorado
Yes, which some people fast have proven to use, for which others have still proven that 'dead' size to go fast.

Point is, you can't just throw 29" wheels on a frame and call it a day. It's a completely different bike at that point. May as well ask them to design another bike ;-)

PS 29" is for **** flow trails built for old men and will taper off in sales soon enough :P
Pretty much, even the 27.5 frames are different from 26. We'll have to see if mtg comments on a 29".

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Oh, OK, thanks for clearing that up. It's good to see so many manufacturers still making 26, which is still going strong. I'm glad riders like Graves are with such hardcore companies that won't sell out to 27.5.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
This is a good looking bike. Definitely on my shortlist, might have to hit up Wyd for a test pedal.

Last edited: