Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
A better plan would be to fly to the left coast and test drive Gemini's low key stealth bike. May have to bring your own roxx tho.
I think you'd have to mount a saddle in the middle of the top tube to reach the handlebars, though.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I think you'd have to mount a saddle in the middle of the top tube to reach the handlebars, though.
That's what zipties are for.

I've been trying to get him to come out to the PNW and ride mine. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:rofl:

That's fair.
and that was based on the watered down version. you'd be blacklisted if she had gotten the full version :rofl:

the funniest part was explaining to her the blisters on my fingers weren't from riding, but from firecrackers accidentally going off in my hand.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
and that was based on the watered down version. you'd be blacklisted if she had gotten the full version :rofl:

the funniest part was explaining to her the blisters on my fingers weren't from riding, but from firecrackers accidentally going off in my hand.
For those who didn't have the good fortune(??) of being around for our 4th of July shenanagains in the Platty parking lot circa 2009(?), I give you the Sirenator 5000:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
For those who didn't have the good fortune(??) of being around for our 4th of July shenanagains in the Platty parking lot circa 2009(?), I give you the Sirenator 5000:

retrospectively, it's probably for the best that that's the only evidence we have of that.

for everyone else, that's a beer bottle taped to the handlebars of a BMX bike with bottle rockets in it. i think we wound up putting some in the bar ends at one point too.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
retrospectively, it's probably for the best that that's the only evidence we have of that.

for everyone else, that's a beer bottle taped to the handlebars of a BMX bike with bottle rockets in it. i think we wound up putting some in the bar ends at one point too.
We tried a roman candle but it didn't fit.

kragu

Chimp
Jun 3, 2015
T minus 5 days for me.

Are you guys running different DB settings for park days vs. pedal days? One goal I have this summer is to get more comfortable in the air, so I'm curious to know how to optimize setting for a good, poppy but predictable feel off the lip.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Another effective tactic is "bicycle math".

Example: "You see honey, I'm going to be able to sell my current (clapped) frame for [cost of new GG frame - 100] dollars, and in return I get a newer, better, safer frame that will last forever (point to single large pivot). You spent $100 on your last haircut (which looks amazing and I totally noticed it) so it seems only fair to me..."

This tactic is best employed just after gracefully enduring a week long visit from the in laws, selling a beloved old truck, cleaning the god forsaken basement, etc. If necessary, pile on additional sales from the parts bin until you are actually earning money buy purchasing a GG frame. It's hard to argue with that kind of logic.

I'll post pics of my (hopefully) soon to be delivered GG/DH here soon as proof of concept.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
T minus 5 days for me.

Are you guys running different DB settings for park days vs. pedal days? One goal I have this summer is to get more comfortable in the air, so I'm curious to know how to optimize setting for a good, poppy but predictable feel off the lip.
What @ianjenn said. You can leave the shock settings alone and just switch to Super Gravity, which is best for bike park jump trails.

kragu

Chimp
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks Ian and Matt. Pretty incredible feat of engineering to have 4 useable modes on this bike without having to change shock settings. Kudos, Matt!

Frame arrives Monday, putting it together Monday night, shakedown local roll on Tuesday, park riding Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. So stoked that summer is here (being a teacher has its perks) and new bike day is just around the corner.

For anyone interested, I'll be riding a fellow Colorado bike back to back during the week, and will likely write up my thoughts between the Lenz Lunchbox (29er, 150mm rear, 66.5 HA, 16.7 CS...very similar geo to an Enduro 29) and the MT. I'll likely be selling the Lunchbox, but not before getting some back to back time on both, just for s&g's. The two have little in common, other than the CO connection and the fact that their intended uses overlap quite a bit, but I did take the Lenz everywhere the MT will go, so there are direct comparisons to be had.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So I just did a trail ride with the Fox VAN coil in Super Gravity mode. And it was nice. Yes, noticeably moar pop. But it also felt like it pumped better. Not sure if pedal bob, is better or worse tho. I also want to say that if felt like it stayed higher in its travel. Otherwise known as not using more travel than needed, I guess? IDK That could just be me. Moar testing at Keystone for Endurbro Race Prep tomorrow.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Got a solid day of riding the coil in super g mode at Keystone. It pretty much confirmed everything I said above. I dig it. Think I'll leave it there for a while.

Oh and wide rims (30mm internal). Do it.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
PUSH now offers a Megatrail spec for the ElevenSix, I'm pretty excited to go try this out. In the parking lot test, the stiction is zero.
In other news, their on hand inventory of shims is moar than you can imagine.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
PUSH now offers a Megatrail spec for the ElevenSix, I'm pretty excited to go try this out. In the parking lot test, the stiction is zero.
Like, infinity shimz???

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yep! The very top trails still have snow drifts on them. But you take the road down a bit to access: Eye of the Tiger, Mosquito, High Speed Dirt, Paid In Full. Passes were only $30 too.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO

OH SNAP

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Looks like that Megatrail goes to Eleventy-Six.

And they left it in Super Gravity mode for ya?
Yep, Super Gravity was Darren's preference with the coil, which seems to be the common consensus so far. I'll give it a go in the next couple days and see for myself.

Re: Stage. The chassis and air spring/Ramp Control are really good, but I wish the recovery was a bit more rapid.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Really going full Colorado-tard there huh? :D

Quite looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the ElevenSix.