Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

hombreduro

Chimp
Oct 12, 2014
Really digging that color and stickems. So did the GG paint shop do that, or is it something you had done (or did yourself)? Don't recall seeing that color as a factory option.
Thanks. It was a custom color, M&M Orange. Had to pay GG extra to get it, but it was worth it. While I was waiting for it to arrive, I spent way too much time fantasizing about it and had a bunch of different decals made up in different styles and sizes. I figure this will probably be the most custom bike I will ever buy, so I made it totally unique.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
So only got one ride in with the coil and it was in regular gravity mode. But I have been running the bike mostly in Super G mode with a Monarch Debonair. When it worked, it was great. But I've had really bad luck with rear shocks lately. I've had to send the monarch in for service twice. I only bought the Van RC as a cheap backup mostly. Also to try out what a coil feels like on this bike. But I think it may turn into something more than that as I do love me some coil :D

Initial impression is that it feels more like a DH bike with a coil. Will be riding more today. It does have more pedal bob than I'm used to. May try it in Super G mode too.

I had a CCDBA on my 5Spot for 2 years before the MegaT. So I know your pain in set up. And your future pain in maintenance. :D
What weight spring are you using/how heavy are you, if you don't mind me asking?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'm 180ish. That's a 500lb spring. I get about 15mm of sag. Which is just about perfect for me riding it in gravity mode.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Just put a CCDB coil on mine. I'll give it a shakedown over the weekend and post up once I have some thoughts.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
The Megatrail in it's natural environment...some cool rock features in the second half...the gopro doesn't do the steeps or off cambers justice and youtube kills the quality...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Just put a CCDB coil on mine. I'll give it a shakedown over the weekend and post up once I have some thoughts.
Initial impression is very good. I'm still fiddling with the tuning, and I want to try a 50lb heavier spring, but midstroke support is definitely better than the CCDBa CS I was using before, even with a large volume spacer installed. Climbing definitely suffers a little with the coil and its lack of climb switch but whatever. That's not what I bought the bike for.

kragu

Chimp
Jun 3, 2015
Hey dudes. New to RM and this thread, but I'll soon be joining the ranks of MT owners. Thanks to all who took the time to post up info about the bike. Here's my build as an only bike for SoCal (Orange, San Bernardino, Kern, LA, Ventura, and Santa Barbara counties), at 5'9" :

Raw, Medium, 27.5
CCDB Inline
Pike RC SA
X01 shifter/RD
X1 cassette/chain
Industry 9 Classic / Flow EX
DHF f / HR2 r
Hope Tech3 E4 200f / 180r
Kore Repute 31.8 x 35
Enve DH 780mm bar
Turbine Cinch 170mm
RF NW 32t ring
Renthal Kevlar or ODI/TLD grips
MRP AMg
Reverb Stealth
Chromag Trailmaster LTD
Canfield Crampon Ultimate / CB Mallet 3

It'll be a few weeks, but I'm stoked for summer, for sure.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey dudes. New to RM and this thread, but I'll soon be joining the ranks of MT owners. Thanks to all who took the time to post up info about the bike. Here's my build as an only bike for SoCal (Orange, San Bernardino, Kern, LA, Ventura, and Santa Barbara counties), at 5'9" :

Raw, Medium, 27.5
CCDB Inline
Pike RC SA
X01 shifter/RD
X1 cassette/chain
Industry 9 Classic / Flow EX
DHF f / HR2 r
Hope Tech3 E4 200f / 180r
Kore Repute 31.8 x 35
Enve DH 780mm bar
Turbine Cinch 170mm
RF NW 32t ring
Renthal Kevlar or ODI/TLD grips
MRP AMg
Reverb Stealth
Chromag Trailmaster LTD
Canfield Crampon Ultimate / CB Mallet 3

It'll be a few weeks, but I'm stoked for summer, for sure.
this is a good first post. bike sounds sick, should be awesome for your area. enjoy, and welcome!

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Good you and Big-Foot can can do shuttle runs down Tunnel all damn day...
Tunnel is for losers. I'm full Santa Cruz hype now. Flow trail only.

I do want to ride Wydopen's secret trail though. I'll have to check that out next time I'm around 'that area'.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Bike is together. It feels unreal. Unlike any other bike on the planet. I took a few pics, but they are shitty since the sun is going down. Prepare to have all your brains turn into sh*t tomorrow once I get some good ones.

Look for me in Santa Cruz tomorrow. The bike will literally be impossible to miss...or forget...for the rest of your life.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Anyone build up their Mega with KOM i25's? Holding up?
We haven't seen many with KOM i25's, but a handful have the KOM i23's from last year. If you're a lighter rider or easy on wheels, they work. The i25 version weighs around 50g more per rim (around 470g each I think), if my memory is correct, which probably indicates slightly higher wall thickness. I would consider that a good thing.
Another way to shave a similar number of grams with less trade-off is to get the Minion DHR2 tires front/rear. Those are the same casing and size as the HR2 and DHF, but for whatever reason, 50-100g lighter per tire. I would guess that the tread design ends up with less rubber volume, and hence, less grams.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Another way to shave a similar number of grams with less trade-off is to get the Minion DHR2 tires front/rear. Those are the same casing and size as the HR2 and DHF, but for whatever reason, 50-100g lighter per tire. I would guess that the tread design ends up with less rubber volume, and hence, less grams.
I ran a 2.4 Exo DHRII for a bit in back but it rubbed a fair bit, even on an Enve rim. A 2.3 DHF clears fine though. Which size have you been using?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Thanks. I do like the DHRII, so maybe I'll give the 2.3 a shot at some point.

While we're talking tires, the Michelin Wild Rockr 2 is a ridiculously good front tire. It's a little on the heavy side, and not especially high volume, but the casing seems really burly and the cornering grip is monstrous. Definitely better than a 2.5 3C DHF.