Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So I've got Spank Oozy Trail 295 Beadbite.

My wheels conform to the trail better ;)

Oh, then there's this. Worked great.

I'm talking about the coil shock...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Cool. I have one if those blue volume spacer thingys to put in my CCDBa to see if I can get a little more midstroke support out of it but failing that I might try a coil. Have you mostly run it in super gravity mode with that? What shock did you have initially?

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
If it does, it won't be the wheels. Not those wheels. You build'em right!
The bikes LEFT rear stay has had tire contact but not the right. It looks like just a few times. I ride it about 10 miles a day. So I think I know the corner that may be making it happen. I changed from a Slaughter to a Goma last week and feel the Slaughter sat a bit wider on the rim than the Geax does.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Cool. I have one if those blue volume spacer thingys to put in my CCDBa to see if I can get a little more midstroke support out of it but failing that I might try a coil. Have you mostly run it in super gravity mode with that? What shock did you have initially?
So only got one ride in with the coil and it was in regular gravity mode. But I have been running the bike mostly in Super G mode with a Monarch Debonair. When it worked, it was great. But I've had really bad luck with rear shocks lately. I've had to send the monarch in for service twice. I only bought the Van RC as a cheap backup mostly. Also to try out what a coil feels like on this bike. But I think it may turn into something more than that as I do love me some coil :D

Initial impression is that it feels more like a DH bike with a coil. Will be riding more today. It does have more pedal bob than I'm used to. May try it in Super G mode too.

I had a CCDBA on my 5Spot for 2 years before the MegaT. So I know your pain in set up. And your future pain in maintenance. :D

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
WTB has some new WIDE hoops coming called the Scraper .

It is supposed to come in a few widths hopefully one is a 30mm inner.....maybe look at those.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yo, @SDet
Yo, @mtg
So I don't currently own a GG and probably won't be in the market for a while. But I think your bikes, your approach, and your attitudes are effing awesome. Major props on all that you do. So I want to offer you one of these, made into a woodburn, to hang in the shop, at trade shows, in the shitter, wherever you want. Free of charge, of course. Take yer pick and lemme know which one you like best.

or

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
^^ Nice (my vote is for the donkey. Or is that a Denver Bronco? ;)

As for wheels. Anyone have any time on Roval Traverse Fattie SL?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
@jstuhlman, that's awesome.

@SylentK: if you're looking for stiffer spinny bits, the hot ticket seems to be chinesium carbon, hand built, 32h. We've built a number of those, and they're pretty sweet.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Looks like someone's business partner needs a slap upside the head.

With the Megatrail, the days of owning both a downhill bike and a trail bike could be over, Montague said.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_28000535/tough-ride-leads-denvers-guerrilla-gravity-better-mountain-bike

;)
Well, to be fair, a bike like the Megajizz *could* be all the bike many riders will ever need. Put it this way, at the DH race I was at last weekend, there were metric tonnes of people who were clunking along so slowly on full-on DH rigs, that I'd be tempted to say they'd actually be "faster" on something lighter and more maneuverable. Having said that, I was also personally reminded why DH bikes are still far superior to any All-Enduro-Trail bike on legitimately rugged and fast east coast rox™ if you're not pussy-poking along. And while it does sound like an odd comment from a guy who's company builds DH bikes (and started out that way), I'm always a little suspect of how quotes are generated by the media - I say that as someone who's done quite a few TV and newspaper interviews. In fact, I have a copy of one particular article hanging on my office wall in which I am prominently quoted in, and almost none of the quotes attributed to me are close to 100% accurate. Liberal paraphrasing at best.

As for the no 26" model assertion, I'm assuming that's a misunderstanding by the author, as a 26" option is still listed on the website. But who knows, maybe there comes a point in which no one is ordering 26" frames and there's no reason to offer the option. Hope that doesn't come to pass.

EDIT - now that I think about it, perhaps this is just the first small step towards GG's global expansion and corporate jet speak. :panic:

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
That was a good old example of a quote being taken out of context. What Will meant when he was saying that was for the average rider on the front range that isn't crushing the gnarest of steeps, having a *warning: advertisement coming* Megatrail with Gravity Mode and a DH bike is unnecessary.

The 27.5" only thing was just simply an error. We still make and sell 26" models. There's a handful of them in the queue now with no plans to drop them.

hombreduro

Chimp
Oct 12, 2014
Hope GG doesn't mind, but I did some custom work with the graphics. I had a few schemes ready, but settled on this one. I think it turned out pretty sick!

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
20150501_210527.jpg
20150501_211524.jpg

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...