Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Speaking of dings and dongs......

yes its a cowbell...its so you dont kill multimillionaire senior citizen hikers when you are drifting the rear wheel around a cliffside blind turn at 35mph...pretty much a requirement around here..

I dont even notice it anymore
I've noticed this problem. I call them the santa Barbara ding dongs. I know why people use them down there and I know/remember the situation when that became a thing. But when I used to ride northstar, and now still when I'm at mammoth and even whistler (20 hours away from SB) there's a huge population of ding dongs that leave those fucking things on their bike. I know exactly where they're from and why they use them at home. But they're now in a bike park, on trails made for not rich SB hikers, surrounded by like-minded people all going the same direction in (mostly) the same manner.

I've gone hoarse from hecking your dork ass neighbors from chairlifts. I figure my yelling is at least as peaceful as listening to the ding dongs terrorize any and all living things in the woods but for gods sake..........shut those fucking thing up when you're riding in not santa Barbara.

How do those things work? Is everyone deaf now from that infernal racket? How can you not notice that you're the most annoying thing for 5 miles. I'd think these guys would dream of the day of hearing their tires in dirt again :rofl:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Speaking of dings and dongs......

I've noticed this problem. I call them the santa Barbara ding dongs. I know why people use them down there and I know/remember the situation when that became a thing. But when I used to ride northstar, and now still when I'm at mammoth and even whistler (20 hours away from SB) there's a huge population of ding dongs that leave those fucking things on their bike. I know exactly where they're from and why they use them at home. But they're now in a bike park, on trails made for not rich SB hikers, surrounded by like-minded people all going the same direction in (mostly) the same manner.

I've gone hoarse from hecking your dork ass neighbors from chairlifts. I figure my yelling is at least as peaceful as listening to the ding dongs terrorize any and all living things in the woods but for gods sake..........shut those fucking thing up when you're riding in not santa Barbara.

How do those things work? Is everyone deaf now from that infernal racket? How can you not notice that you're the most annoying thing for 5 miles. I'd think these guys would dream of the day of hearing their tires in dirt again :rofl:
Trust me I cut that thing off any chance I get...I also keep a piece of tape on it so I don't have to listen to it while climbing..a few of my buddies dont get the hint and let it ring for the entire 2hr climb..one of many reasons I prefer to ride alone..also blasting suicidal tendencies in the headphones drowns out any bell noise

I must say it would have came in handy the last time I rode a resort...blasting past armor plated goons on Jr T equipped norco shore's can get sketchy when they cant hear you coming..

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
...blasting past armor plated goons on Jr T equipped norco shore's can get sketchy when they cant hear you coming..

"blasting past???"

Dude that's like walking out of the movie theater as soon as the opening credits are over! You're only robbing yourself.

A friend of mine had this chime/bell thingy you could hang from your seat that had a built in mute muffler thing. It actually seemed way better for that kind of stuff. We rode in blissful tire digging silence then he pulled over this little lever and we became annoying as we got close to a trailhead. I need to find out who made that.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I know, but I could not find it anywhere. I looks super nice and I am sure its lighter to but I had the right shifter already.
Heh......I just ordered one from England last month.

No shit: norcal me, socal company, and I have to order the fucking thing from Europe to find one.

That said, it's stupidly expensive and stupidly hard to get, but should pretty much be on everyone's bike who has a cable actuated dropper post. It's real good.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
XFusion makes a good remote. Not as shifter-like, but works the same way, and it's $40, and available direct from XFusion. Works great with my Thomson.

image.jpg

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
I didn't check the price of the KS, was just expecting "ridiculously expensive" to be a little more than $45 :D.

Still way better than the Thomson remote, too.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
IMG_1728.JPG
Been running a flipped gravity dropper lever all summer with a KS, and it works great, and I think it was $25 ish shipped

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Anyone tried the Southpaw on a Thomson post? I tried to run a Crank Brothers lever on mine but the cable pull required for the Thomson was kind of long for it so it was hard to use.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
The bike seems to pedal well. It for sure feels very stable going down closer to a DH bike than other AM bikes. I will have real pics soon. The goon rims seem to be good at low to mid 20's PSI.....

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Anyone here have a Megatrail for trail riding but also ride DH on a different bike? Just curious to hear if the Megatrail feels a little bit like a DH-bike during the descents.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Aye. I haven't had a ton of time with it on rougher "DH'ish" trails, but the megajizz feels very much like a DH bike on descents - especially in "gravity mode". Hell, it's as long as my DH bike (or really close to it ) and is at least as low in gravity mode, and only a degree steeper. But as one might expect, a 160 mm fork and 160 mm's of rear travel (ccdba) are still going to get overwhelmed more often than a real DH bike would on the high speed chundgnar. But I would say from a geo perspective and overall rear suspension behavior/performance, it's very reminiscent of most DH bikes. I have a medium TR450 (boxxer/charger) and medium megajizz (pike/charger) for comparison.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Ok good to know, thanks. While I'm trying hard to get back into trail riding, I'm finding I want something that feels a bit more like a DH bike... not necessarily descending like one, but having a bit of a longer cockpit, short stem and slack(er) head angle.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Ok good to know, thanks. While I'm trying hard to get back into trail riding, I'm finding I want something that feels a bit more like a DH bike... not necessarily descending like one, but having a bit of a longer cockpit, short stem and slack(er) head angle.

I have owned 17 DH bikes since 1999. I have ridden 3 trail bikes in last year and the Mega is by far the closest feeling to a DH bike of the three. It is very stable and eats rough terrain very well.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If you really go back to 1999.......I bet that megatrail is better than at least 8 of those frames...........ON dh courses :D

That thing looks awesome.
:stupid: :rofl:

I've got a medium MT and a large DHR. Basically, I agree with everything that jackalope said, except that my DHR is substantially longer/slacker than the MT, even in gravity mode.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
I wish I knew what the wheelbases were of my old dh bikes circa early-mid 2000s

Pretty sure the mega is longer and with the angleset Im pretty sure its as slack as well

The thing will get the job done...thats for sure

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
2002 M1 Geo for a MD.....

Frame size.....16"/18"/20"
B.B. Height.....14.25" (13.5"/15.5" adjustable)
Chainstay length....17.25"(16.75" optional)
Top Tube.....23"
Head Angle...65.5
Seat Tube Angle... 70
Standover... 30.5"
Wheelbase...45"(44.25" optional)

2005 Iron Horse Sunday

17” 19”
HA 65.4 65.4
SA 64.4 64.4
Eff TT23.6”24.6”
CS 17.24”17.24”
WB 45.25”46.25”
BB 13.9” 13.9”

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ianjen, you're making me regret my raw. The black looks awesome.

Maybe I'll PC it this winter.

Also, how awesome is the Mattoc? Fvcking love mine.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Damn...45"ish wheelbases...crazy how a bike like the mega can be 2.25" longer and be much more maneuverable..

Its funny I used to be all about the short wheelbase, short toptube..now Im the opposite..

Me in 2003..manitou dorado flexing backwards

Had this made in late 05..had it made with a shorter front end because I thought the stock geo was too long..fox 40 slid all the way up to get as steep a HA as possible...not sure what I was thinking

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Ianjen, you're making me regret my raw. The black looks awesome.

Maybe I'll PC it this winter.

Also, how awesome is the Mattoc? Fvcking love mine.
The Mattoc feels nice so far! The Black looks pretty clean.

Wydopen how the hell did Adrian ever let you make the TT shorter......

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I don't think there's a clean way to route the left side remote under the left side of the bar, but you can get the right side remote assembly separately and switch it out.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I don't think there's a clean way to route the left side remote under the left side of the bar, but you can get the right side remote assembly separately and switch it out.
Yeah that's what i was thinking, didn't look like there was a clean/easy way to do it with the left remote.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
The Colorado Special Edition*

2 rides on it so far. This bike slarves like my Blizzard Cochise :D

*Not really an edition but it is special

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yep, that's a monarch. The first ride, it somehow leaked out half its psi, so I can really only speak to the 2nd/last ride where it actually kept its pressure. And it felt great. No complaints, did its job very well. Like a pike for the rear ;)