Quantcast

Guerrilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer in Colorado

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I did a little creative drilling/filing of the Type 3 XCX I have and it's bolted up pretty solidly. We'll see how it goes but I'm pretty confident in it.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I did a little creative drilling/filing of the Type 3 XCX I have and it's bolted up pretty solidly. We'll see how it goes but I'm pretty confident in it.
pics of your handiwork please :)

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
As a side note, on DH bikes, we use the attack position,

When I hold the saber in my mouth, does it matter which side the handle is on?
Normally, that would depend on whether you're measuring sag with 26" or 27.b wheels, due to the Coriolis effect of the Earth's rotation. But, I know you only ride 26", because....you know.

So, saber handle goes on the right side when measuring sag with 26" wheels. :)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
pics of your handiwork please :)
I don't really want to take it back off, but here's a quick rundown: there's not really enough room in the rear boss to drill a countersunk or counterbored hole to put a new bolt in there, but I drilled one part way through from the back face, so that I could put a set screw in the frame, and use that in the hole to at least define the clocking. As a result the guide is really only held on by one bolt, but it can't rotate, and seems to be held on well enough. I also had to file down the rear boss ~1mm to get the chainline right. The front one I just filled in with some washers.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Got some more seat time over the weekend, got sag dialed in, bike feels great. I rode some pretty mellow/tight/fun trails this weekend and I was suprised at how good the MT handled it all, i thought it was going to feel big and unmanageable, worked alot better than I expected. MT's Rear end stiffness made me realize how much flex was in my old bike. The tracking of the rear end on the MT just seemed much more precise and consistent, I could really feel it in the tight turns. Riding some more aggressive trails this weekend, can't wait to get the bike out there to see how she does.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Flatforce stem came today. I'll get it fitted up tonight. Pretty excited to get the fit dialed in better.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I don't really want to take it back off, but here's a quick rundown: there's not really enough room in the rear boss to drill a countersunk or counterbored hole to put a new bolt in there, but I drilled one part way through from the back face, so that I could put a set screw in the frame, and use that in the hole to at least define the clocking. As a result the guide is really only held on by one bolt, but it can't rotate, and seems to be held on well enough. I also had to file down the rear boss ~1mm to get the chainline right. The front one I just filled in with some washers.
Sounds like a bit of an operation. Glad it worked out.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Does anybody in the Seattle area have a spare derailleur hanger screw? I broke mine last night and can't find the spare I bought- racing Tiger on Saturday so I'd reeeeeallly like to get this sorted. :(

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Universal cycles says they can have it here tomorrow, order placed. Crisis averted, I think.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Chain stay length = 16.9"

Reach = around (I'm still not sure how the frame does this, but I'm assured it involves some Ellsworthian kinematics)

Stack = smoking like Don Draper

Seat tube = its variable due to the reach around feature

But yeah, it would be cool to see those numbers (the chain stay length is correct). FWIW, I'm 5'11" and ride a medium with a 35 mm stem, fits like a dream.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Reach, stack, st length, cs length? I didnt see those but i could just be retarded. Were numbers taken with external headset cup?
Im 5'10" on a medium with a 40mm stem and 760mm bars..fits perfect and yes its made for an external headset cup

I believe the 26" is 16.9" cs 27.5 is 17.2"

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Reach, stack, st length, cs length? I didnt see those but i could just be retarded. Were numbers taken with external headset cup?
Small:
Reach: 16.8"
Stack: 24.2"
ST length: 16.5"

Medium:
Reach: 17.8"
Stack: 24.2"
ST length: 18"

Large:
Reach: 18.8"
Stack: 25.1"
ST Length: 19.5"

CS, 26": 16.8"; CS, 27.5: 17.3"

Numbers are with external lower headset. The headtube is 49mm upper and lower, so with a tapered steerer tube fork, it uses an EC49 lower, ZS49 upper.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
How wide is your handlebar?
Running an uncut Bromag BZA fiber bar, which is 780. I used to run RF SixC bar cut down to 760 and it was fine too, but of course after sitting on a friend's bike with uncut 780s, I had cutters regret - plus I usually had my pinkys hanging off the end of the outer bar clamps with 760, and I've finally started to put my hands inside the bar clamps with 780. For me, the main advantage of running 780 is there's not much cockpit acclimation when hopping on the DH sled. The obvious downside is you *really* have to pay attention in narrow sections of trails.

As for the geo measurements, I'm assuming thats in Trail mode.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Yes, those numbers are in Trail Mode. No current plans for 27.5" in Extra Small, we decided to go with the lower stack height, shorter rear end and generally more flickable setup for that size.

Warranty is one year, with crash replacement after that.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Running an uncut Bromag BZA fiber bar, which is 780. I used to run RF SixC bar cut down to 760 and it was fine too, but of course after sitting on a friend's bike with uncut 780s, I had cutters regret - plus I usually had my pinkys hanging off the end of the outer bar clamps with 760, and I've finally started to put my hands inside the bar clamps with 780. For me, the main advantage of running 780 is there's not much cockpit acclimation when hopping on the DH sled. The obvious downside is you *really* have to pay attention in narrow sections of trails.
Thanks! I have a 35mm dia Atlas stem and an uncut 800 Atlas bar for my trail bike on my workbench and I plan to do at least a few rides before I decide to cut it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Mine's about 29 with Enves, Next SL cranks, and a regular CCDBa. XTR pedals/derailleur/cassette, Thomson dropper, Formula The Ones, 2.5/2.3 Mino Exos, tubeless.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
I am considering a MT. What kinda built weights are folks getting? I plan on running a db inline, RF next sl cranks, enve wheels.

I am hoping to stay sub 30lbs.
mines 30.9lbs

DB Air CS
pike
renthal bars/stem
carbon rims @ 400gs a piece
dt 240s
next sl cranks
xtr trail pedals
reverb
mrp amg
x9 drivetrain
xo trails
maxxis exo rubber

you should be right around 30lbs with the inline and the extra 2lbs over some big name carbon bike is well worth it imo

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004

Ccdba CS
Reverb
Chromag BZA steering rod
35 mm Atlas rod holder
XTR clutch derailleur
Set of Pikes RTC3
XCX top guide
Race Face Aeffect comfort seat
Stan's Flows laced to I9s (with I9 spokes)
Maxxis exo dhf and spesh purgatory
Race Face Atlas cranks
Time carbon ATACs
XT stoppers (7" and 6" rotors)
XT sprocket nest
14" black mamba dildo taped under the top tube (custom shim stack and avy midvalve)

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Sub 30 lbs is definitely possible, especially with Next SL cranks, ENVE wheels, etc.

I weighed mine when I first built it up, which was 29.9 lbs with pedals:
DB Inline
MRP Stage
e13 TRSr cranks
1750g wheels
RF Atlas stem
SIXC bar (800mm, no cutter's regret)
KS Lev
XT brakes and drivetrain + BFC
~700g tires tubeless
MRP XCg taco bash
And <pedals we do not speak of on the internet> that are about 1lb

Those tires were a bit light, and I swapped the XCg for an AMg. But, Next SL cranks, ENVE wheels, and a Sram 1x11 (assuming that's what you'd use with that budget) will all cut weight and more than make up for running beefier tires.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
But, Next SL cranks, ENVE wheels, and a Sram 1x11 (assuming that's what you'd use with that budget)
XTR 10s!!!

It's well established that I'm weird though. :D

11-36 is enough range for me anyway, so meh.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
XTR 10s!!!

It's well established that I'm weird though. :D

11-36 is enough range for me anyway, so meh.
You obviously have Massive Watts™. Or, don't want Team Robot calling you out as a pussy.

I have neither of those.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You obviously have Massive Watts™. Or, don't want Team Robot calling you out as a pussy.

I have neither of those.
:rofl:

I just need to gain some points back from TR after my super unapproved slammed handlebar setup.