Quantcast

Good recent riding based DH movies?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I've got a newborn at home, which means a couple of months of little riding and lots of midnight bottle feedings on the couch. I need some new movies to watch while I'm feeding little dude. I'm looking for something with high DH riding content, and LOW amounts of the following content: interviews, lifestyle shots, long nature shots, slow motion, and tons of dirt jumping. Honestly, I've never found the perfect movie. I guess the Earthed series comes the closest. I HATED F1rst, and while the Collective movies look pretty, there's not enough riding for my tastes, and way to much hucking. Suggestions?

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Congrats! You'll see it's great!

I can't really suggest new bike movies...sorry! ...but I share your tastes for bike movies and I am interested to hear more suggestions.

I you allow me, I would however suggest you that a bike movie that will get you all pumped may not be your best choice for the midnight bottle feeding. In my experience, dumb humoristic shows like According to Jim, Two and a Half Men, etc. are better (I can't believe I'm writing this). What you want is something that will pass time and somewhat entertain you. You mostly just want to resume what is left of your night of sleep ASAP after the feeding. You don't what to spend the rest of the night thinking about cool new lines to dig in the trails you ride.

Also, exposing your newborn to a lot of visual stimuli and music is not really advisable.

That being said, there will be other times to watch great bike movies during the day naps. :)

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Thanks everyone

I you allow me, I would however suggest you that a bike movie that will get you all pumped may not be your best choice for the midnight bottle feeding. In my experience, dumb humoristic shows like According to Jim, Two and a Half Men, etc. are better (I can't believe I'm writing this). What you want is something that will pass time and somewhat entertain you. You mostly just want to resume what is left of your night of sleep ASAP after the feeding. You don't what to spend the rest of the night thinking about cool new lines to dig in the trails you ride.
I can see your point. It wasn't a problem with my daughter though (this is kid #2). I've found that as long as whatever I'm watching doesn't require me to pay attention it works. Bike movies are good because they prevent me from thinking about my job; when I go back to bed I'm thinking about a trail and not some company issue. Fantasy movies I've already seen a lot work as well - Star Wars, Lord of the Rings etc.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Oh! Kid #2! I see! Then you're more experienced than I am... :)

Good point about NOT thinking about work stuff. Whatever works at achieving this goal is good!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks bike movies have sucked since Earthed.

That's all I got to add.
I actually don't mind some of the older New World Disorder movies, They were pretty good up till like 7-8. I thought they had pretty decent music, and a nice mix of big mountain, street, DJing, racing and North Shore. They used to get me pumped to ride.

Last edited:

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I liked 3Focus for that kind of film, although it's not exactly recent anymore. Maybe one of the Freecaster season recap DVD's?