Quantcast

GG gets a reach-around from Corporate America

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Congratulations, hope they can grow steadily and stick around for a long time. Two new models sounds great two, I wonder if the new fully will be positioned below the Megatrail travel wise - dawn of the Kilotrail? But seriously, why spend it on personnel and machines when you could just license VPP?

Pretty decent write up for a non-bike publication too, apparently the author actually understood what he was talking about.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Congratulations, hope they can grow steadily and stick around for a long time. Two new models sounds great two, I wonder if the new fully will be positioned below the Megatrail travel wise - dawn of the Kilotrail? But seriously, why spend it on personnel and machines when you could just license VPP?

Pretty decent write up for a non-bike publication too, apparently the author actually understood what he was talking about.
He did spell CNC incorrectly.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
"which switches into a full downhill bike by shifting a bolt on the shock mount"
"A Megatrail outfitted with premium components costs less than $5,500, about half of most boutique brand bikes."
"Keeping with their frugal business approach, the pair were sharing a room at the $37 a night America's Best Value Inn."
3 Steps to a great story
1. Insult the intelligence of the reader.
2. Lie to the reader about the cost in comparison to other bikes.
3. Make them look like cost cutting cheapskates to all of their loyal customers and potential buyers.

WOW

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
LOL at this thread.

There's a few errors in the article, but I think that's happened every time we've had anything in the media outlets.

Kilotrail is pretty funny, that hadn't dawned on us before.

Now, back to my machinery shopping spree....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Hardtail and another trail bike? I can see a lighter/less-burly version of the megatrail, but a hardtail?! For the love of god, not another fat/+ bike.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Haven't bought one yet; planning on getting it late winter or so. A basic VMC is the plan, though.
sweet deal guys! Bossman got a Milltronics MM18 VMC with 18 Automatic Tool Changer last winter. 30" in the X-axis 30" in the Z-axis and 16" in the Y axis. 200 IPM rapids and 8000 RPM i know nothing about other companies but good luck on getting a sweet one! i know that this particular model is budget compared to others

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
sweet deal guys! Bossman got a Milltronics MM18 VMC with 18 Automatic Tool Changer last winter. 30" in the X-axis 30" in the Z-axis and 16" in the Y axis. 200 IPM rapids and 8000 RPM i know nothing about other companies but good luck on getting a sweet one! i know that this particular model is budget compared to others
There was a Milltronics VM17 that went up for auction locally recently....good to hear some feedback on them.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
There was a Milltronics VM17 that went up for auction locally recently....good to hear some feedback on them.
they are very good machines. we have a 1989 Milltronics Partner III still runing. VMC, single tool holder, floppy disk... still running just fine ( kinda lol )
but to say that this machine is as old as me, while its ripping through aluminum with a pretty fast realistic feedrate is pretty sweet!