Quantcast

Garbo DH

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Don't know if anybody watched it, but a few mentionables:

announcers, specifically that brad guy, were terrible as always. I'm not exactly sure who is in charge of the announcer hiring process, but they, along with the announcers, should be fired (fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...etc).

Steve Smith is pretty rad

When the hell is a bike company going to get Marcelo a factory ride and trip to the WC's. The dude deserves a chance on the big stage.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Crankworx-Whistler-Garbanzo-DH-Results-2012.html

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I shot a bunch of pics from the in deep section, should hopefully have them online soon. Really fun race to watch, I was impressed by some of the ladies taking some rowdy lines.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Watching Garbanzo DH on the TV/web is so boring. Why do they have 3-4 cameras on the track, only? It like 300m on the 12km covered :|
BTW, why is is called "longest DH race", while Mountain of Hell in L2A, France is 25km with 2500m elevation drop...?

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009

Chris Johnston pinning it in the Garbo Dh on his trail bike. Finished 25th in the Pro. Likely would have been top 10 on his DH bike.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Wolskey is an animal also.

He went face down for 10 stitches in the lip in the fat Tire Crit.

Rode the Enduro the next day to a solid 9th over all.

Then finished 26th only 1:09 back from Stevie while riding his Enduro race bike in the DH.

The third member of their Nomads team would have also finished with similar results but is currently recovering from a bad concussion.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Don't confuse MegaAvalanche in Alpe d'Huez, which is more enduro/DH marathon with MoH in L2A, which became more DH this year.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I can't tell for sure, coz I've been there just once, but I already asked my buddy, who was there few weeks ago...