Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm happy to report that the weather here right now is, well, perfect.

Should be a good day, as long as nothing breaks. Not much planned for this morning and then lunch and quarterly get together for the 8 or 9 IT peoples from our factories around the Toronto area.

And then.......LONG WEEKEND HELLS YEAHS.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Someone walks into my cubicle as I am sitting there with two folders open, papers in one hand, pencil in the other as I'm writing, obviously concentrating on something, and said person sits down and just starts asking me questions about something else. God dammit why are people so oblivious!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Someone walks into my cubicle as I am sitting there with two folders open, papers in one hand, pencil in the other as I'm writing, obviously concentrating on something, and said person sits down and just starts asking me questions about something else. God dammit why are people so oblivious!
so you did the proper thing and ignored them until you completed what you were doing, correct.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Be honest, you don't want to write that TPS report anyways!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Today = work then ???
Tomorrow = wife's aunt in town
Sunday = morning ride then swimming/grilling

Yup... that's about it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I got the new Nokian on dinged but still usable rim installed on the Land Cruiser this morning. They even re-hung the spare tire under the car and rolled up and stowed away my toolkit. Approve.

I'm supposed to be doing research this morning, but feel no motivation to do so as I've been putting in evening hours writing and running shit in Matlab all week. Ball is in the court of my co-authors for now, so I'll just idly surf the web in my office and catch up on the paper journals sitting on my desk.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Went for a ride post-work and post-recruiter meeting yesterday. (figured, hey, why not meet with the guy...he asked so nicely...)

Was hot out. Ride started well, was feeling strong on the climb, sweating bullets though. Awesome new climbing trail that I've been using to switch up the old routine.

On the very next switchback I was clearly starting to lose focus as I did not see the huge, sharp root ball that had washed into the path, right about shin height. I was only going granny-gear climbing speed, but when my shin made impact, it was enough to stop me in my tracks, and knock my foot out of my pedal.

DIVINE pain. I soldiered on...

Not enough food pre-ride, not enough water though. I started to get all noodly about 3/4 down the descent and almost ate major shit about 3 times. I decided to dial things back.

Then I picked up a Spawn Cycles a buddy is lending me for a while for the eldest. He's getting to the point were he needs brakes... Might be a challenge getting him to part with his run bike, but that's why we're borrowing.

Oh, and I've been married 5 years today. koo koo krazy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
should have pulled a eric...

seen...

green...70's....cuda....convertible.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Holy shit, my new Pike works better than the 2010 36! Gave my Altitude a whole new attitude. Now just to get a new rear shock to replace the CTD, and I'll be golden. And maybe a wheelset. And hey, while we are at it, a new 11speed drivetrain.
Does the madness never end in order to keep up with the Joneses?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
On deck for the weekend: Bachelor party, Kenosha to Breck on the CT, Birthday Party, Two Elk Trail, Matterhorn. I'm already tired.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Holy shit, my new Pike works better than the 2010 36! Gave my Altitude a whole new attitude. Now just to get a new rear shock to replace the CTD, and I'll be golden. And maybe a wheelset. And hey, while we are at it, a new 11speed drivetrain.
Does the madness never end in order to keep up with the Joneses?
Shuddup fuckstick. I can't have a Pike.

Although I *can* have a 36... interesting. .. very interesting.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The only thing worse than riding through spiders on the trail, might be riding through over grown trail and finding a bunch of slugs all over your shorts and bike. Ew.