Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Third. I am waiting for it to warm up before heading out for a road ride because it's 50 degrees out and FTS. 50 hilly miles on tap. Beats workin'. Maybe a run after.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
went for a ride last night. it was ok, but I'm still feeling flat. My whole season so far has been like that. I thought once my kids started sleeping through the night that my fitness would automatically return. I'm starting to realize that's not really the case. I'm going to have to work for it. I guess staring down the barrel of 40 is also not really helping.

Oh well, onwards and upwards I guess.

Have a good day everyone.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
went for a ride last night. it was ok, but I'm still feeling flat. My whole season so far has been like that. I thought once my kids started sleeping through the night that my fitness would automatically return. I'm starting to realize that's not really the case. I'm going to have to work for it. I guess staring down the barrel of 40 is also not really helping.

Ride every day is the only way to go.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
So hot here... Kids won't go to sleep like they're supposed to, then they wake up throughout the night.

THE FANS, THEY DO NOTHING.

Thanks to @big-ted for the bike assistance last night. I now have 2 bikes that will kick ass, including a lighter AM bike, and DH bike that will devour brake bumps like timbits.

Now, to find time to actually go to whistler...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
So hot here... Kids won't go to sleep like they're supposed to, then they wake up throughout the night.

Thanks to @big-ted for the bike assistance last night. I now have 2 bikes that will kick ass, including a lighter AM bike, and DH bike that will devour brake bumps like timbits.

I was just going to say go to Whistler and head to the top for some cool rides.

Have you tried AC? Window units cost nothing around here.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Cough and sore throat, just in time for the three day weekend. I bet it's what Mariko had last weekend, having had a few days to mutate to increase its virulence.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

A rare day off. Thinking of heading out for a bike ride but am a little turned off by the 94% humidity. I guess CO has broken me of my east coast immunity to humid weather.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I was just going to say go to Whistler and head to the top for some cool rides.

Have you tried AC? Window units cost nothing around here.
Oh, I've got a portable A/C unit, but it doesn't have enough juice to cool both our room and the boys'. Might have to bite the bullet and get another one. No end to this heat wave in sight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh, I've got a portable A/C unit, but it doesn't have enough juice to cool both our room and the boys'. Might have to bite the bullet and get another one. No end to this heat wave in sight.
If a fan doesn't work, you're doing it wrong. Put the fan at the end of your bed, get naked and spread eagle. There's no way that won't cool you or them off.
:imstupid:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Landlord is contemplating getting me a euro ductless AC unit for the bedroom and maybe the living room.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA

**EDIT** Go to Whistler next weekend--there will be a few Monkeys there! We can make it an impromptu Monkey Fest!

This area and heat just don't mesh well over prolonged periods of time. Most people aren't set up to actually have to cool their homes because... because PNW, that's why! I've found that after a month in the humid upper 80's, I've lost my workout window (usually after work, about 5:30). The air is just too still and when I try to run, it is only for like 15 mins because I feel like I will keel over!! Not trying to complain, I like the heat, this is just a lot of it in an area that doesn't ever get it.

And in that line of thought I woke up early on my day off today to go for an hour run! Woo hoo! Anxiety and frustrations melted right into the pavement and I feel right with the world again!

Now packing the family for the cabin, picking up the boys and heading straight for the dock. Also should be noted that the lap around the lake road in pretty fun on a road bike. Definitely looking forward to a couple of early mornings with fishing, bikes, and running! Hope to ski in the heat too!!

Happy "MERICA! Please don't burn down the country.

Only 18 years to go (minimum).

45 mile ride completed at a whopping 14 mph. 3400' of climbing, most of it in the last 10 miles. :dead: Beautiful country up here though, this Vermont.
Nothing to see here, move on, please.

Tammy picked me up, we rode sumpin over ten miles and climbed sumpin over 1,000 feet. Tammy's dropping me back off at home, Hilarie: Oh, that's where you've been...