Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Second day in a row with snow flurries on the way to work. Apparently summer is never coming to western NY...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Snow again here as well. Just in time for me to get my new summer wheels and tires tonight. I will try my best to not @jimmydean it on the way home from the shop.

And still sick. Adding another symptom to my ebolaids today, my ears keep popping. It feels like I'm going up-down-up-down-up in an elevator.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I escaped Florida. I may have PTSD from the experience.
I lived there for 3 hellish years. I think I'm relatively unscarred but I do have occasional flashbacks and I shake a bit when I see palm trees...

In other news, headed to sit on a faculty review committee, then leaving early to ride. Looking like a good one...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Gonna waste the day away and begin tearing out my bathroom tonight. Hoping to replace the subfloor and get tile down by the end of the weekend. Yay...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I will also be working in my bathroom this weekend. Need to re-wire and move the lights/fans and install a window where there is currently wall. Should be fun! My LBS just picked up Giant so I made em a giant rice krispie treat to celebrate. I have come to terms that my LBS is just a front for the cookie mafia.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
PFTSD?

My week old daughter was very hungry overnight, outpacing my wife's ability to nurse. Therefore I fed her with a syringe in the middle of the night and am now quite zombied out.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Almost got the trailer built last night and I ran out of washers. I bought a box of 100 thinking that should do it and I'm about 30 short. :rofl:

For those who don't know, the trailers from Harbor Fright come with pretty good hardware, but no washers. I feel better putting it together with washers and a little lock tite to go with the nylon lock nuts it comes with. And the lumber yard in town closes at 5, WTF. So picking up more washers and wood for the trailer at Home Depot on the way home and should have it all together in about 3 beers.

Putting new shocks on the truck at lunch, yay. My brake parts aren't here yet, but it will work for the weekend.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Second run in with NYC pot holes. This time besides the normal pinch flat the impact broke off the lower part of my front fender. The roads around her has reached 3rd world country level.

At least the good people at SKS gave me a new set of fender talk about good service!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Here's your solution, CBJ:

You might want to allot a little extra time for your commute.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
PFTSD?

My week old daughter was very hungry overnight, outpacing my wife's ability to nurse. Therefore I fed her with a syringe in the middle of the night and am now quite zombied out.
Fed with a syringe huh? Crack baby wasn't good enough, you had to go all heroin baby on us.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
lol @Toshi we are getting there.

I really want a bike that can take 35c tires and some dics brakes so I don't get caught behind who does the normal I have want to stop in the middle of traffic move.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fed with a syringe huh? Crack baby wasn't good enough, you had to go all heroin baby on us.
Since she's primarily breast fed we're supposed to avoid bottles. Bottles are too easy, apparently, and then she'll get spoiled by them.

As a result when I have to give her supra-wife-boob feedings then it's an awkward process of having my pinky in the baby's mouth to simulate a nipple, nail side down (so arm concorting), sneaking in 0.2 mL of milk at a time after she sucks a few times.

#tmyk

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i remember my older brother falling asleep with kid number 2 asleep on chest......after awhile he awkens to cleveland steamer care of defective huggies.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Since she's primarily breast fed we're supposed to avoid bottles. Bottles are too easy, apparently, and then she'll get spoiled by them.

As a result when I have to give her supra-wife-boob feedings then it's an awkward process of having my pinky in the baby's mouth to simulate a nipple, nail side down (so arm concorting), sneaking in 0.2 mL of milk at a time after she sucks a few times.

#tmyk
Isn't this your second kid?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Isn't this your second kid?
It's true. First kid didn't take to the boob, though, so my wife ended up pumping for 9 months (and I thus ended up bottle feeding the kid as she pumped). For this one the kid does like the boob so I'm doing all I can to support boob-ness, as it's in my own best preservation of sleep interests.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

#tmyk
Just use a bottle and stop with the circus act.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Late last night I lost an 18k gold setting for a diamond. Spent a few hours tearing apart the studio and crawling around on the floor with a flashlight, both today and last night. Finally found it trapped under my mini bench vise around 6:00pm. Really did not want to make another one. Celebrated by going riding then having Thai.