Quantcast

^^^Friday Gmt^^^

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I have 2 work days left this month. Today is the first one. I have next week off, work one day, and then the rest of the year off. And on top of that, a week and a half into the new year, I'm taking another week off.

Be safe out there.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Much like herpes, home ownership is the gift that keeps on giving. My fucking cunt of a furnace is more moody than a lady. It decided last night it just didn't feel like heating the house. Thanks furnace, thanks.

Also, a "friend" is moving back to Michigan today. After canceling on any plans we made over the past month she bailed on a dinner she arranged for last night. Fuck that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hello, beautiful ridemonkey members.

Holiday office party today. It goes from 12:30 to 5:00. I am looking forward to leaving by 3:00.
Eat a bowl of fruity pebbles, get hammered and vomit everywhere. The massive amounts of regurgitated food coloring will be very festive.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
morning... lots of tig welding for me today at work ( took yesterday off to do christmas shopping and all that jazz )
purple biceps here we come

How hard is TIG welding? I took a welding engineering class a few decades ago, from what I remember I liked it better than MIG, more control. Anyway I want to get a welder an possibly be able to do aluminum too, seems like getting a TIG will cost just as much as a MIG setup with a spool gun, and it will give me more flexibility.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
How hard is TIG welding? I took a welding engineering class a few decades ago, from what I remember I liked it better than MIG, more control. Anyway I want to get a welder an possibly be able to do aluminum too, seems like getting a TIG will cost just as much as a MIG setup with a spool gun, and it will give me more flexibility.

so much more control... MIG is my least favorite welding process... stick welding is beast, for biggg structural stuff, but TIG is super clean.. no sparks, very quiet.
i recommend the miller diversion 180. my buddy has one and im very impressed with it. switch from steels to aluminum ( DC to AC polarity ) and its an inverter welder so its portable
around 1900usd

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
so much more control... MIG is my least favorite welding process... stick welding is beast, for biggg structural stuff, but TIG is super clean.. no sparks, very quiet.
i recommend the miller diversion 180. my buddy has one and im very impressed with it. switch from steels to aluminum ( DC to AC polarity ) and its an inverter welder so its portable
around 1900usd
I have been borrowing a friends Millermatic MIG setup for the past few months. Easy to slap a glob of metal on something but I just can't get the quality of weld that I want. Just pull the trigger and ride the ride. I am going to see what kind of TIG stuff I can find locally on the used market.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
I have been borrowing a friends Millermatic MIG setup for the past few months. Easy to slap a glob of metal on something but I just can't get the quality of weld that I want. Just pull the trigger and ride the ride. I am going to see what kind of TIG stuff I can find locally on the used market.

yeah mig is a bitch sometimes cause you set your heat/ wire feed, then weld, then stop to tune, then weld exc exc

with tig you can set your range of amps, use your foot pedal for more heat/ less heat as you weld, control how much filler is going in with your hand as you weld, and obviously control how fast your hand is moving

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I rode in today, properly dressed this time, and it was good. Changing and wiping the defrosting icicles out of my beard takes some time, though.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Afternoon Ladies.
A week full of work holiday festivities plus a visit to china town for dinner & snow cream last night has my gut jacked.
There is no way they gave the non-dairy, coconut version like I asked for. >.<

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
How's your head Jim? Did the doc check you out?
My heads fine. They think I have some degeneration in my spine. Doctors have checked me out and about. I am going back on the 23rd for more tests. Nobody knows shit, including me. The feeling in my left foot cannot be explained. The fact that it took me forever to formulate this response cannot be explained. It seems I have also lost some of my cooking reflexes. Couldn't flip the eggs and the veggies in the pan this morning. Rookie stuff....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My heads fine. They think I have some degeneration in my spine. Doctors have checked me out and about. I am going back on the 23rd for more tests. Nobody knows shit, including me. The feeling in my left foot cannot be explained. The fact that it took me forever to formulate this response cannot be explained. It seems I have also lost some of my cooking reflexes. Couldn't flip the eggs and the veggies in the pan this morning. Rookie stuff....
have them check for growths etc (even staph infections) that could be putting pressure on the spine. also check for goblins.

hope you get it figured out.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Took my Dad to his last Cardiac Dr. appointment today. He got the "all clear" and there has been no damage to his heart.

It has been a long year with him, especially the past six months. This time last year he was recovering fro a near fatal road biking crash and dealing with a bout of kidney stones. Hope nothing else happens any time soon. I need a break, bad.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Leaving the office now, looking forward to tonight's ride. I will be 5/5, getting 50 miles on the odo this week so far if things go as planned.