Quantcast

<<< Friday GMT™ >>>

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
East coast slackers should have this up by now. Phffft.

So tired lately, could barely stay up for the football game. Now up at 5. My sleep patterns are so f'd.

A bit of Indian summer this weekend = ride a bunch. Now to just get through the day. Best of luck everyone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holla.

Came to the office little early today, as its the Friday before my 4 day weekend. After work I am getting an oil change and then heading straight to Detroit/Monroe. Tomorrow it'll be a day of beer and festivities at the Michigan football game.

The only thing up for debate is which vehicle to take for the road trip. The options are my Subaru wrx or my buddies pickup truck. Both are probably equivalent in fuel economy, but his seats SUCK and yet my car is loud. I can grab some ear plugs from work for his pansy lil ears. :brows:

On the car note too, I think its time to put the winter tires back on. I don't want to go JimmyDeaning into the ditch.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! I hope to ride bikes this weekend if today ever ends. Friends are hitting Killington on Sunday, I shall join if family situation permits.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Cold and rainy here today.

Rochester Rhinos are in the Eastern Conference Finals tomorrow so I'll be at the game in the supporters section. Then to the bar for the USMNT vs Mexico game. My liver will not be happy with me by Sunday morning.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
great ride last night. so dry, even the climbs were fun. Lots of climbing, but culminated in a ride down one of my favourite DH runs. All the little changes I've done to the bike are paying off nicely: wider bars, debonair, new shoes with cleats set further back = more control, comfort and as Fabian would say "dynamism"....

shitty sleep, woke up to 5°C (41°F) and rain. Days riding the bike with the kiddo on the back are numbered before winter starts, then it's back to walking and pushing the damn chariot. Got a taste of winter this morning too in that I had to put the rain gear on the little one: boots, overalls, jacket, hat and mitts. JTFC does it ever suck having to wrestle that shit on to a two year old who doesn't want to sit still.

Oh well, back to day dreaming about the trails last night...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Pissing down with rain. Not gonna burn the vacation day on crashing my brains out in Whistler.

I really am getting old...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Both are probably equivalent in fuel economy, but his seats SUCK and yet my car is loud. I can grab some ear plugs from work for his pansy lil ears. :brows:
Some day you'll realize your modifications are actually decreasing the utility of your vehicle. Unless the loud exhaust gets you mad Canadian tail, of course.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am at the alignment place again. Re-alignment of my Land Cruiser is the first thing on the lead tech's schedule per the guy at the front desk. Too bad said lead tech isn't in yet despite the shop opening at 7 AM. Hmph.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Some day you'll realize your modifications are actually decreasing the utility of your vehicle. Unless the loud exhaust gets you mad Canadian tail, of course.
What's it decreasing? I love the car :brows:

Should I start looking for a Subaru Brat?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ditched sprint yesterday.....we'll see how verizon works west of the mississippi next year.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah horsepower! Got script for another steroid injection in my back. And off to work.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I took the Land Cruiser to get a (free) realignment after the wheel wasn't centered following the first one earlier this week. Tech took the vehicle back, put it on the rack, messed around for a bit… and it's essentially exactly the same per the printout, and exactly the same as far as I can tell in terms of the steering wheel being a bit off center.

At least I learned my lesson: don't get alignments at Big O Tire. It's already wasted enough of my time so I'm not going back a third time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
the beard was trimmed back...beginning to look like a fake beard of pubes....
Me too! On the beard of pubes thing. Had about 3.5 months of grow time at this point with another 2 to go before I have to drop it like a hot deuce before the wedding.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Me too! On the beard of pubes thing. Had about 3.5 months of grow time at this point with another 2 to go before I have to drop it like a hot deuce before the wedding.
my younger brother is blessed....all his facial hair grows pretty much straight....his beard went past his chest before he lopped it off...