Quantcast

friday gfmt

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Friend's kid's birthday party tomorrow, then beer/wine tasting fundraiser thingy for wifey's work on Sunday. Not too bad of a weekend ahead for me (not so great for my liver though).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning.

Friend's kid's birthday party tomorrow, then beer/wine tasting fundraiser thingy for wifey's work on Sunday. Not too bad of a weekend ahead for me (not so great for my liver though).

Fuck yo' liver. What has it ever done for you? Make you sober? Your liver is an asshole.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife's sister is a vicious cunt. Doesn't comprehend why we haven't come down to help with the funeral when she's 9 months pregnant and overdue. Said my wife "always finds a way to make it about her." Thankfully she lives in another state, I would have punched her teeth out last night.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
At this stage of winter I am in a constant state of dehydration and unfortunately beer is not the solution. Even with 4 humidifiers running at home. At least there are 50s in the forecast for next week.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Woke up to rain. Had to jump up and install the temporary gutter downspout so our crawlspace doesn't flood. (Temporary downspout is a section of 4" pvc) I hope my day involves tacos. Trying not to think about the 24 mile xc race I am supposed to participate in tomorrow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hmmm driving a sprinter in wind gusts of 25 mph with light rain surrounded by crappy drivers. Should make for a fun morning:think:
Your next Sprinter rig might have crosswind control.

I'm at the tire shop. Guys there are mounting up Nokians for the Land Cruiser. Win.

Re: exotic hot laps discussed yesterday: you all need to get yourself to an autocross. Run in your own class and beg a ride along with someone fast in something F Stock or quicker on V710 or Hoosier tires. You will discover for the first time what lateral Gs truly feel like. (Those tires cost about $20/minute in wear!)

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Wife's sister is a vicious cunt. Doesn't comprehend why we haven't come down to help with the funeral when she's 9 months pregnant and overdue. Said my wife "always finds a way to make it about her." Thankfully she lives in another state, I would have punched her teeth out last night.
This is another good example of what I'm finding out life is better without family and there bs. Good luck to you jk in these tough times for you and your wife.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

More rain today, then supposed to be nice this weekend. There might be a little fresh snow to finally go tubing, or I was going to chase cows on my buddies quads at his new place. Either way I can't wait to see my little monkey. Lets kick this day in the nuts.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
This is another good example of what I'm finding out life is better without family and there bs. Good luck to you jk in these tough times for you and your wife.
I have to correct you on this. The arrival of your first baby is special. the most joyous time of your life. Everything else is just noise. It's hard to block out the noise, but I have faith that JK will be able to do just that. Good luck man... be happy, and fuck the noise.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
End of February and mounting snow tires. Planning deficiency much? :)
Heh. I was going to wait until next winter. The premature purchase of Jessica's "new"/old car hastened all of this: I didn't want her driving around with FWD without snow tires, and once that mental barrier was broached I decided to do mine as well.

The purchase would have been prior to closing on the house anyway, so now or then doesn't matter too much.

(The tires previously on the Land Cruiser, now in bags in the back for the moment, were all seasons with a M+S rating. Not Nokians but not terrible, either, and I had Jessica taking it on snowy days.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Spam time: said wife-bot/Jessica is now hawking kids books for Usborne. Mariko has a couple of their books from pre-hawking times and they're actually pretty well done.

http://g4245.myubam.com/ <-- please buy wares from her if you have little kids and are in search of reading materials for them, and hate the library or somesuch

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Having found myself, decades ago, on top of the Appalachian gap on serious black ice with summer tires, I have found reason to pay more attention. From my moto days, tires are your life.
Your personal ramblings aside, having a Land Cruiser with M&S rated all-seasons on the Front Range: not Russian Roulette.

Hell - we've NEVER had snow tires on the Subaru. Don't on the truck. Van has them (2wd) and I'm glad for that. Black ice - hardly ever.

So yeah - go easy on the drama, Drama-Boy. :D