Quantcast

freeride parks in colorado?

greenridr

Chimp
Aug 2, 2004
does anyone know which of the resort mountains in Colorado have opened up lift assisted freeride/terrain parks? Anyone been to any of them? Just sold my bike in NZ, moving to colorado soon, and trying to figure out what kind of bike I should throw my money at!

cheers

NORTON

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
Littleton CO
Keystone, Vail, and Winter Park are the main resorts. Other resorts do lift-access riding as well but these are the most popular, and IMHO the best for DH riding. If you get a full-on DH bike, there is more than enough to keep you busy here!

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
i want to move to CO, biking is sweet during the summer, skiing is awesome during the winter, you guys are set

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Keystone has tons of DH and Freeride terrain.
Vail is a close second with steeper DH and some Freeride Terrain
Breckinridge has a SHorestyle freeride park on the 4-o'clock run... nothing on the main lift.
Silverton has some sick DH / FR terrian.... when they're open (only open for 5 days this year).
WinterPark has basic DH, nothing major and probably considered basic by difficutly
Steamboat: Sucks, but has lifts for bikes
Crested Butte: Okay for the beginner DH'r, no FR.
Telluride: ???? I haven't been there

greenridr

Chimp
Aug 2, 2004
thanks...anything built up around Snowmass or Aspen? I've read a few things indicating snowmass has built up some freeride terrain, but can't seem to get any confirmation!

Spec8in561

Monkey
Mar 12, 2004
I am going to be in Colorado in Sept 22-25th. Keystone will be closed at that point so trying to find some good lift biking or easy accesible shuttling since my girl will be with me. Any ideas?

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
Spec8in561 said:
I am going to be in Colorado in Sept 22-25th. Keystone will be closed at that point so trying to find some good lift biking or easy accesible shuttling since my girl will be with me. Any ideas?
Where in Colorado are you going to be? Denver, Colorado Springs, Crested Butte, Fruita...??

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Keystone has tons of DH and Freeride terrain.
Vail is a close second with steeper DH and some Freeride Terrain
Breckinridge has a SHorestyle freeride park on the 4-o'clock run... nothing on the main lift.
Silverton has some sick DH / FR terrian.... when they're open (only open for 5 days this year).
WinterPark has basic DH, nothing major and probably considered basic by difficutly
Steamboat: Sucks, but has lifts for bikes
Crested Butte: Okay for the beginner DH'r, no FR.
Telluride: ???? I haven't been there
I know this was 2006 post . . . . does anyone know what STEAMBOAT is like now? Any better? I've tried Googling and I'm just coming up with various vague stuff.

. . . although i did find this:
http://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/Downhill-Freeride,5/Steamboat-has-a-bike-park,5935

Last edited: