Quantcast

Fox DHX RC4 compresion adjustment

aceto3

Chimp
Dec 10, 2011
Hi,
I have Fox DHX RC4 kashima and I want to get more compression by rearranging the shim stack. Is there someone who knows how to do it and give me a scheme or something.
I ride the low speed and the high speed compression on their hardest point but I feel the rear too soft on some places the corners in particular. I put higher viscosity oil and it get a little bit stiffer but not enough and the rebound become slower. The slow speed compression is approximately how I want it but the high speed is definitely a lot softer.
Thanks in advance

aceto3

Chimp
Dec 10, 2011
The spring is a little bit harder for my weigh if I put harder the sag will be too little.

MmmBones

Monkey
May 8, 2011
Porkland, OR
When I had Fox tune my RC4 they changed some valving as well as shims to give the shock moar base level, HS and rebound damping. You might be able to reconfigure just the shim stacks but that might not give you exactly what you are looking for in terms of support and control. I'm no expert, though. Just thought I'd share my own personal experience. I'm curious to know what frame you are using it on, would you care to share?

aceto3

Chimp
Dec 10, 2011
I ride Iron Horse Sunday.
I was wondering if I put more disks on the shim stack will solve the problem or it won't be enough?

Dh builder

Chimp
Sep 30, 2013
When I had Fox tune my RC4 they changed some valving as well as shims to give the shock moar base level, HS and rebound damping. You might be able to reconfigure just the shim stacks but that might not give you exactly what you are looking for in terms of support and control. I'm no expert, though. Just thought I'd share my own personal experience. I'm curious to know what frame you are using it on, would you care to share?
Can Fox really change the valving to give more rebound to the shock?