Quantcast

FOX DHX 5.0 problems ( mounting hardware ) on morewood izimu

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
hopefully you guys can show me some good links

the eyelet near the reservoir is the problem. when mounted on my 2006 morewood izimu (froggys :) there is significant amount of play around 2 +/- MM of play. i am not sure if it is the bushings and or the eyelets

the diameter of the eyelet is 12.7mm (+/-1mm)

i really hope it doesnt come to replacing the eyelet. the condition of the eyelet is okay, not terrible looking ( the orange coating is almost all gone )

i am def buying new bushings, directly from FOX???

any advice guys? where to buy and what to do?

much appreciated!!!!!!

jordan

edit: i have to trade my 500 pound 2.8" spring with a lighter 400 pound 2.8" spring

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
You are going to have to replace both the eyelet bushing and the hardware there chief.

Rock Shox have a nice set that's for their Vivid/Monarch series that also fits your Fox unit.

It's a three piece hardware setup with a fixed pipe and two spacers, one either side.
IMHO that's a lot better than the hardware setup you have now.

You can also source an eyelet bushing from Rock Shox, the 1/2" bushing they have is the correct size for your shock.

Your LBS should be able to order that stuff up, or look for an online retailer.

Please measure the space in the frame/swingarm where the shock sits, that together with the hole diameter where the bolt goes through is all you need order fresh parts.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Not sure if you already know this or if you're using the terminology right, but the 'bushing' is the little red coated part inside the eyelet, and the 'reducer' is whatever slides into it.

So you can just replace the bushing (it presses in and out), you don't need to replace the whole eyelet. They are quite cheap.

As Racebike said a three-piece reducer (instead of the two-piece tophat style you have) will make the bushing last longer, but that's up to you.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Racebike + UDI, repped

Thankyou.. it sounds like my terminology is off.

Where can I buy a 3 piece reducer kit? Online would be more preferable.. the LBS around my area suck quite much

sorry for the questions.. Iv been around ridemonkey for a long time but i have had a couple-year-dry spell and i am doing a roadtrip with my bros to whistler so im making sure my morewood is tip top

Last edited:

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Mounting-Hardware-Mount-kit-All-Rear-Shocks-frames-Proshox-/300607663611?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fd9cedfb#ht_1571wt_1392

I bought a set from this guy last season. The hardware set includes seals for the shaft and an option of a polymer or DU bushing. I went for the polymer bushing instead of the DU. I run a 2008 Turner DHR without a mudguard, so the rear shock has been very exposed to some nasty conditions. The bushings haven't developed any play at all. By hand, I can feel that the rotation of the shaft is a little smoother than a usual DU bushing. I'm not sure if I can feel the difference while riding though haha

The seller also has offset shafts for a little bit more money.

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
the shock hardware should be 52mmx8mm and 33mmx8mm, or 30mmx8mm but i'm not sure. drop them an e-mail. the rock_shox mounting hardware should fit fine. any big retailer should be able to help you out.