Quantcast

Formula Brake Levers

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
I think this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it with the search. Are there after market brake lever blades available for Formula The One DH brakes? I sent a message to Straitline but haven't heard back yet. They don't have The One listed under their brake levers so I guess they don't make them. Any other companies I could check? At the very least I will contact Formula to see if I get lever blades from them.

I took a tumble at Wisp on Saturday. When I got up, my rear brake lever was bent down. I went to bend it back, went to far and it snapped.

Also, are there instructions out there anywhere on how to remove the lever blade?

Last edited:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
You can get stock levers at chain reaction, you need to get the screws out of both sides, slightly tricky pain in the @ss ans then remove the reach adjuster.

I have the R1's and swapped to carbon levers, why, I don't know.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
if a lever bends in the future, dont bend it back if you need it to work in a pinch. It will only stress it further. Just replace as soon as you have an opportunity to.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I think this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it with the search. Are there after market brake lever blades available for Formula The One DH brakes? I sent a message to Straitline but haven't heard back yet. They don't have The One listed under their brake levers so I guess they don't make them. Any other companies I could check? At the very least I will contact Formula to see if I get lever blades from them.

I took a tumble at Wisp on Saturday. When I got up, my rear brake lever was bent down. I went to bend it back, went to far and it snapped.

Also, are there instructions out there anywhere on how to remove the lever blade?
Rav - I've been talking to Greg about this for years... Straitline levers are liek teh secksz. :D They are so perfectly designed and work so well for me, they actually inspire confidence in braking.

...time to give Gregg a buzz. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its actually really simple. Just undo the gold coloured bolt where it pivots and then on the other part where it is attached, if you look 'into' the lever, there is a tiny allen key screw. Turn that until the lever pops off, but be very careful, there is a tiny spring in there on the silver barrel.

My buddy bent both of his levers. They seem a little fragile, I'm not even sure if leaving the handle bar bolts a little loose will prevent this.

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
It appears I now cracked the lever adjust screw/pushrod. It looks like I need this kit.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to replace this pushrod? Will I need to drain the fluid?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
It appears I now cracked the lever adjust screw/pushrod. It looks like I need this kit.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to replace this pushrod? Will I need to drain the fluid?
Rav, contact FormulaBrakeUSA and ask for either Charlie or Chris in the subject line of your email - they have Jedi skillz when it comes to working on brakes so they should be able to help sort you out.

405 East D Street Suite C
Petaluma, CA 94952
info@formulabrakeusa.com

Last edited: