Quantcast

For those that were interested in the 9-10 speed rear derailer adapters

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So parts are in the mail for everyone from whom I've received payment except lolaralph, who caught me just as I got back from the post office. Everyone should have heard from me directly.

Last edited:

Dale

Chimp
Sep 25, 2013
Fraser Valley, BC
big-ted,
I would also love one of these adapters. I've been running a saint/X0 combo for a while and shifting is quite good but I'm looking for perfect. Could you PM me your info so I could send you the money via paypal (if you still have any left). Thanks.

big-ted

Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Dale,

Yep, still got a few left. PayPal/payment info is at the top of the thread, but I'll send you a PM anyway, 'cos I'm nice like that!

Rob

big-ted

Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yup, still a few left. This will almost certainly be the last batch I make, so I made sure I got plenty!

big-ted

Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yep. I'm heading to the post office tonight to send a few out before Christmas. I can pack some more up if I receive payment today.

johngtb

Chimp
Feb 11, 2014
Have you still some adaptors left?

If so would like one sending to UK. Please let me have Paypal details.

John

big-ted

Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm happy to post to the UK, but note increased postage cost as indicated above. PayPal details, as in the original post. rob.stead2[atsign]gmail[dot]com

big-ted

Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Right. I'm down to just a couple left. If you ask me nicely I may be able to find one or two down the back of the sofa, but for now I'm going to delete the payment info from the original thread, as I don't want people sending me money when I can't send them parts.

Thanks to everyone I've shipped parts to. Can't deny that I'm pretty chuffed with all the feedback I'm getting from these.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Right. I'm down to just a couple left. If you ask me nicely I may be able to find one or two down the back of the sofa, but for now I'm going to delete the payment info from the original thread, as I don't want people sending me money when I can't send them parts.

Thanks to everyone I've shipped parts to. Can't deny that I'm pretty chuffed with all the feedback I'm getting from these.
I know I'm a little late to the party, but if you just so happen to find one behind said couch, I would gladly take one :) If you have one to send, I sent a PM with my paypal address, you can send me an invoice there.

rugbyred

Chimp
Aug 6, 2013
Hello Rob,
If you dug really deep in the back of your couch, do you think you might be able to find another adapter?
Thanks for looking.

Eric

big-ted

Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Hmm. I've had quite a few requests for more of these, but I'm all out. Maybe I need to look into doing another batch. I'm going to have to source an alternative machinist though as my buddy has moved on. Watch this space...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Remind me how much they were Kurto and I might well take it, considering a Zee rear on my SRAM 9 speed setup.

big-ted

Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So, in an effort to quell black-market demand ( ;) ) for these there will be another batch ready in a few weeks. Pricing may be slightly increased as a result of having to use a different machine shop this time around.

Watch this space.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
FWIW: I run a SLX clutch rear derailleur with a X9 9spd shifter w/o any adaptor and it shifts fine. What am I doing wrong? :happydance:

big-ted

Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
We've had this debate before. It's close, but not perfect. Seems some people get lucky and it works 'well enough' for them. Most people have trouble getting the chain to run at the ends of the cassette, particularly under load due to the differences in cable pull between the two systems.

big-ted

Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Picked up another batch last night. As previously mentioned, my machinist (and good friend) went all big-time on me and couldn't make this batch, so I had to go elsewhere. As a result I'm asking $25 plus necessary postage this time around. I'll edit the original post accordingly.

Again, paypal to rob[dot]stead2[at]gmail.com is the easiest way to pay me.

Last edited: