Quantcast

florida folks, where to buy camara gear in miami?!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hi guys.

my camera stuff was stolen a few months ago, so i need to replace it.
my mom will be in miami this weekend (3 days only), i tried to buy stuff from amazon, but the hotel reception wont accept amazon/ebay packages... so i asked my mom if she could buy the camera in a store, she said its ok.

anybody knows where in miami can i get a canon 60d + 18-135mm + bag????

my mom will be staying at the south beach marriott, so if its close to that, it´d be great.

thanks!

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
That's really surprising that they won't accept a package for her. The only problem I've ever had with shipping to a hotel was that they didn't want it more than three days prior to guest arrival.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
a few years ago, most hotels would accept and sign packages.... starting last year, i´ve had a few peruvian friends who could not get their internet-purchases delivered to hotels in the US.

i guess it has to do with the fact, that i will be making a relatively large purchase (signature required) with my, foreign credit card, and the items will be delivered to another person (my mom) in the US, and the package would have to be signed by the hotel.
i guess hotels dont want the liability in case its a fraud or something...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Won't the concierge do that if she asks? One call to the desk and they'll get it done for her.
concierges arent very good when it comes to specific requirements for appliances...
if you ask for a 60d with a 18-135mm lens... they will probably tell you they found a high-end point and shoot i bestbuy or something.... or they will find them, and they will be like twice the amazon price....

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
so, my camera got stolen some time ago.
it seems, my mom bought an "extended warranty" for the camera at brandsmart at the time of purchase.

anybody knows if brandsmart extended warranty covers theft???

Aug 23, 2011
I dont know what brandsmart is but if their warranty covered theft then people would make claims that it was stolen in an attempt to get a new product...so no. BH and Adorama sends int?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Depending on how long after purchase, a fair number of credit cards cover theft immediately after purchase.