Quantcast

Five Ten Ravens?

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
I know they're new, but has anyone had any firsthand experience with them? Fitment? Cleat recess? Impressions?

Thanks in advance!

Cameron

I am running the cyclones and the cleat recess is good, minimal cleat noise on pavement. Fit is good and they had a full season at whistler last year and are still in very good shape. The raven is a bit ugly for me, but, 5.10 definitely have the clipless formula down. I would like it if they made a beefier tread pattern on their "freeride/downhill" shoes, The dot sole is pretty slippery when you are pushing up for that extra bit of descent in the back country.

May 30, 2011
Louisville, KY
I just recently got a pair of the Ravens. They are STIFF. Super comfy though and I like the little bit of extra protection on the inside of the ankle. I am having a little running them with my TIME ATAC Z pedals. I think I just need to get the cleat placement right though more than anything.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm gonna say this again, because everyone chooses to ignore it. I've heard 5.10 make the statement multiple times that this is a budget minded shoe.

How is it budget minded if it is the single most expensive pair of DH/BMX specific clipless shoes on the market?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I still think that Addidas Hematoma's were the best DH shoes (clipless) made. Reasonably light. Good ankle protection and a steel toe for when you clip a rock.