Quantcast

Favorite multi-tool?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Until I lost it all 2 weeks ago I carried this

and this, though my Gerber was much, much older than this one.

Between the two, there pretty much wasn't any trail side repair you couldn't accomplish. I'm quite upset still about having to replace them.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Dick Cheney?

I used to have a crank brothers rust-17 or 19 or something. It looked like a rusting Russian submarine. Thankfully, I lost it about a year ago and got a leyzene.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Crank Bros M19. It's bad ass.
Same here. And I purchased mine after borrowing a friend's for about a year. They haven't failed us, yet..

Only downside, which is understandable with all the water from rain, falling into creeks/rivers and sweat, is that one of them did rust a little. Then again, my friend hardly rides so his just sits around and literally rots. Meh

I'd buy another one.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
For short local rides, I carry a Topeak mini 9 and a Gerber Dime.

I have found that the mini plies are indispensable when removing yellow jacket stingers.

For longer rides into remote backcountry, I have a small pouch that holds some full size allen wrenches among other tools and repair items.

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I like my Lezyne a lot aside from the rust, but I think after five years in my frequently soaked pack, it's to be expected. i like that it has a T-25 torx.
I like the knife for cutting shit and looking like a tough guy
image.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I stripped down some generic tool to carry the 3 size wrenches that I need. So I carry that plus a park mini chain tool. Yeah it is light, but it is nice not having to fumble through some needlessly oversized tool with gloves on to get at the tool I need.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I stripped down some generic tool to carry the 3 size wrenches that I need. So I carry that plus a park mini chain tool. Yeah it is light, but it is nice not having to fumble through some needlessly oversized tool with gloves on to get at the tool I need.
Full size tools are way nicer to use! I used to carry a park 3-way (4,5,6mm) and a chain tool. Actually worked quite well.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I carry a Topeak Alien on nearly every ride. Has most everything you need, and what it doesn't my Leatherman Wave probably does. Now that I'm running a bunch of SRAM stuff on my bike I oughtta check to see if the Alien has a torx key...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
About the only decent thing Crank Bros makes is their multi tools. Actually pretty awesome.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Until I lost it all 2 weeks ago I carried this

and this, though my Gerber was much, much older than this one.

Between the two, there pretty much wasn't any trail side repair you couldn't accomplish. I'm quite upset still about having to replace them.
this. except my multi-tool is a leatherman juice.

I used to have one of those, and it was pretty good, until I lost it. My only gripe was that there were some instances when I needed more reach than what that could provide.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
For short local rides, I carry a Topeak mini 9 and a Gerber Dime.

I have found that the mini plies are indispensable when removing yellow jacket stingers.

For longer rides into remote backcountry, I have a small pouch that holds some full size allen wrenches among other tools and repair items.
Damn, I need to look into that Gerber. They are right down the street from my office and after the blade replacement they did on my Gator, I'm a fan for life. I've had this blade since I was fresh out of boot camp in the Navy and it cut more line than any blade should. :rofl: