Quantcast

Eurobike 2015. Who even gives a sh..

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

Ho Lee Fuck...what the hell is that abomination? Should've at least called it the Hindenburg.
Brought to you by Karl Heinz Nicolai and BMW. Heisenberg, the bike that knocks.

Eurobike party now, shitty eurotrash cover bands covering shitty eurotrash songs.

But still, if you ever have a chance to go, eurobike is great. The nicest fair ground I've ever seen in a beautiful location covered with laid back people.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Brought to you by Karl Heinz Nicolai and BMW. Heisenberg, the bike that knocks.

Eurobike party now, shitty eurotrash cover bands covering shitty eurotrash songs.

But still, if you ever have a chance to go, eurobike is great. The nicest fair ground I've ever seen in a beautiful location covered with laid back people.
Have been there 3 times, 2 times as a shop employee having to do sort of business and once as a pure visitor. But I was always proper drunk in the end of all 4 days :banana:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Have been there 3 times, 2 times as a shop employee having to do sort of business and once as a pure visitor. But I was always proper drunk in the end of all 4 days :banana:
Friday night at about 11 is best. That's the time when the Marzocchi girls usually decide to get naughty under the fountain.
image.jpg

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

the new community frame from mtb-news.
frameset for 1399€ with a float x2
Pretty cool project - we should start a separate thread about what a crowd sourced ridemonkey bike would look like. The Unridable.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh cool. This.

Brake Force One have built the first ever brake which uses water instead of hydraulic fluid. Sounds crazy but their engineers say that brake fluids don't get as hot as people think...................Brake Force One say that water is actually more heat resistant than hydraulic fluid with two times higher heat capacity, five times better heat transportation and less heat elongation.
But brake fluid boils at uh.......

Propylene glycol antifreeze is used to prevent freezing in winter temperatures,
Okay.....so that's it. :rofl:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/hardore-german-techno-eurobike-2015.html

They should sponsor kelly mcgarry.

Get him really killed.

http://www.epictv.com/content/kelly-mcgarry-massive-crash-tianmenshan-red-bull-event-epictv

I for one think the possibility of blowing a steam leak in a brake caliper would be awesome. Not to mention the consistency of "water" across the world is always the same so there should be no problems there.

Last edited:

Trasselkalle

Monkey
Oct 28, 2014
Sweden
No rootbeer pedals/stem/handlebar/seatpost combo? I must say I'm disappointed. And tires should off course be WTB.
And Rux!

I'm also a bit undecided about the whole 4 bongspaces. Aren't we really waiting for the Camelback Bong edition (rather than the silly water pipes to drink from)? Isn't that much more Enduro?

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oh, Jesus.

- 6" BB height
- 4' reach
- sparkle pink and sparkle lime green
- 4 internal bongs
- No dropper
- 26" wheels
-Rootbeer
-3" Gazzalodis
-Does not look Flexy
-Has a freeride version
-Billionty Shimz
-Rux
-Has dropper post you will never use
-Seat with full anal intrusion clearance.

Last edited:

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria

That IRT thing actually looks like the right way to alter the (lack of) mid-stroke support in air springs. Would be a nice upgrade for the Mattoc as well.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
That seat tube angle looks awesome.
Hacktastic and mtg would approve, actually it could probably go a bit steeper still. Nice to see companies figuring this out slowly though.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
That SOLID bike looks cool...I think the best may well be the new EVIL...

Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 9.06.38 AM.png

It's geo looks decent. The bikes pedal well and its $800 less than most other plastic bikes! If the new 29r comes out that will be a sick bike if it uses a the same HA and BB. Just hope it is an inch or two longer.

Last edited:

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid

View attachment 120461

It's geo looks decent. The bikes pedal well and its $800 less than most other plastic bikes! If the new 29r comes out that will be a sick bike if it uses a the same HA and BB. Just hope it is an inch or two longer.
I am not too sure how well that would work as an all around bike. It would absolutely slay about half of our trails though. I want to try one.

This is the bike from Eurobike that I really want.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
That seat tube angle looks awesome.
Hacktastic and mtg would approve, actually it could probably go a bit steeper still. Nice to see companies figuring this out slowly though.

m,kjiuy87jhuy76jhnuy7kjiu87kmji8hjuy76

Sorry, cock kept hitting my keyboard, I liked it THAT much.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Btw, some more info and pics on http://enduro-mtb.com/en/eurobike-2015-solid-bikes-with-an-all-new-170mm-enduro-bike/ if you are curious.

Geo at the moment: 64 degree HA, 74 degree seat tube angle, 440 CS, and 420 reach in medium.
Like the head angle, seat angle and CS length. Reach could be a bit longer, but maybe a long comes in around 440. 10 more mm of travel would be sweet. Love that it uses a head tube that allows adjustable cups. That's one thing that pisses me off about my Enduro EVO.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

View attachment 120461

But dat wheelbase, as long as my DHR... :panic: I don't think I'll be able to thread that through some of our most technical chunky up'n'down twisty trails.

Last edited:

Trasselkalle

Monkey
Oct 28, 2014
Sweden
Like the head angle, seat angle and CS length. Reach could be a bit longer, but maybe a long comes in around 440. 10 more mm of travel would be sweet. Love that it uses a head tube that allows adjustable cups. That's one thing that pisses me off about my Enduro EVO.
The bike supposedly takes forks of 160-180, so you can get the front suspension all the way to 180. Or maybe they settle on a number after testing and optimize for that. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The rear is 172 mm but super-progressive towards the end, so it should feel pretty close to a 180 in the back. At least that's how their DH bike is, and what they are aiming for with this one also. I agree with you on the reach, but it's still a prototype so if anything - I suspect it will become longer. Theoretically, the super-slack front and long CS could mean they compromise with a slightly smaller reach to avoid the bike becoming too long in total wheel base. As long as the riding position is centered, I could live with that compromise, if that was the case.